• Advertisement

Fanfiction News and Announcements

70s

MR: MASKED RIDER

The first episode, "Welcome To This World: Part 1", will be premiering soon. The number of episodes for this first season will be 67. Yes, this seems a bit much, but if you remember my announcement for PR: MVF season 2, longer than normal seasons of my lits are nothing new.

And besides, MMPR's first season totaled 60 episodes, so again, nothing new.

• Happy 1

Here's what's going up, down, sideways and other directions not physically possible for my stuff during SOF8:

Skodwarde:

"Krusty Katering" and "Life Insurance" will be up by Hayden sometime in June, along "The Incredible Shrinking Skod" by me and "Sportz?", which will also be Nuggets' final Skodwarde episode. There may or may be more, but Season 10 will conclude this summer regardless, and I am excited to show what we have in store leading into S11.

Squid:

Five episodes remain, and the series will conclude during SOF8.

Mystic Guardians:

Here are upcoming titles and synopses for chapters during SOF8:

Spoiler

98. Cameron Rhodes: Karmanian Knight (June 2nd): After a rescue mission backfires, the heroes must find new purpose and resolve.

99. Deer and a Door (June 9th): The heroes learn that the Federation has plans for the Mystic Temple in Western Karmania.

100. The World Between Worlds (June 16th): While the rest of the heroes engage the Federation forces outside the temple, Jake and Madison gain access inside and experience a revelation. 

The 100th chapter will be a very special one. From there, here are the titles and dates of the last S4 chapters, to come after SOF8:

Spoiler

101. The Hills Have Five (June 23rd)

102. The Tale of Vexacus (June 30th)

103-104. The Battle for Posidonia (Season Finale) (July 7th)

I am very proud and excited for these last batch of S4 chapters.

SBC: Wasteland Warriors:

Three new chapters will premiere during SOF8:

Spoiler

14. Wheel of Doom! (June 4th)

15. Cards Against Robots (June 11th)

16. Ghost Town (June 18th)

Time for a surprise announcement. A long time ago I teased I had a new spin-off coming in 2018. Welp, here it is...

THE ADVENTURES OF GARY THE SNAIL: REMASTERED!

That's right! In celebration of 10 years, I will be remastering my first spin-off on tv.com with better structure and grammar in a Squid-format! :D When Squid is over/close to completion, I will post it. I may or may not allow guest writes like Squid, given that I am remastering every original episode, so it depends if people want to be creatively halted or not. Ah well, I'm still happy to do this all the same.

Edited by Harold Claude
  • Happy 4

This is to let people know that I have just finished writing my most recent "Total Cartoon Global Cruise" episode, "Just Like Paradise!"; and it is now ready for reading and reviewing! :D Also, I have started work on the next "Power Rangers Multiverse Force" episode called "Vision Quest Part II: Orange Sunset", and I hope to have it up sometime in the following week! :cool: Enough said! ;)

Bunch of announcements:

Just a note that I might consider taking a temporary break from The Misadventures of Casper and Wendy for personal reasons (namely my recent unhappiness).

Oh, and RTU and I have decided on the total number of seasons for the lit, and the number of misadventures/episodes therein. It'll last 3 seasons, each containing 6 serials consisting of 30 episodes total, leading to a grand total of 90 episodes.

Edited by Wendy the Witch

Speaking of "Power Rangers Multiverse Force", I'm currently almost finished with my latest episode for it, and it will be the FIRST episode that I will post as a LOYAL Customer! o.o And I think it will be an AWESOME introduction for that distinction! :cool: Enough said! ;)

Red Flag Savior: Rebirth of a Storm:

New episodes will hopefully return in July, along with some of my other currently unfinished works. After I'm done with this spin-off, expect me to focus on Sub-Tropical Academy and Tiki Land by then. Meanwhile...

SpongeBob SquarePants: Lost in Translation:

Including the official premiere from Monday, this new series will start off with a week of five new episodes.

• Like 1

I have a big announcement, so let me get that out of the way first.

Mystic Guardians:

I've told the fans about this already, but I'll publicly announce it to make it clear:

Mystic Guardians is coming to a close after Season 5. Yes, Season 5 will be the spin-off's final season. There are currently 29 chapters total left from the spin-off. This was a very difficult decision for me. I've loved writing this spin-off the past two years, and generally think it's my favorite spin-off I've written, but I felt it was for the best it comes to an end. I've reached my creative peak with it, and I've been slowly building up toward an ending for a while. It was never going to last that long, anyways. A five season plan was always my goal, and I'm sticking with that vision. Season 5 will premiere in fall, and will last until early 2019, so there's still plenty of time left for it. Don't be sad. I'll miss writing this too when it's all over, but some things I can't keep going forever. I promise it will have a concrete and satisfying conclusion. I'll do my best to wrap up most of the spin-off's major story arcs and loose ends! On that note, stay tuned for the last three Season 4 chapters. The Season 4 finale will basically lead into the rest of the series, taking it to its ending. It will be a nice ride, and I hope the fans enjoy what's in store for the last act of Mystic Guardians. :) 

The Adventures of Gary the Snail: Remastered:

New episodes will continue this week, which will conclude Season 1's remastered. The remastered Season 2 will come very quickly after.

SBC: Wasteland Warriors:

4 chapters remain from Season 1. Here is the schedule (note: dates subject to change/delay):

17. Always Two There Are (June 25th)

18. In or Out (July 2nd)

19 & 20. The Map (July 9th) (Season Finale)

After that, Wasteland will go on a break. Season 2 will premiere in either October or November.

Skodwarde:

The rest of Season 10 will be posted this summer. 

Edited by jjsthekid
  • Like 2
  • God Himself 1

I've got three announcements...well, technically, one announcement that's divided into three parts. First off, I have finished writing my latest "Total Cartoon Global Cruise" episode called, "Chicago, the City, AND Music from the Band!", which means that it is now available for your reading and your reviewing pleasure! Second, I'm currently busy writing the next "Power Rangers Multiverse Force" episode, "Vision Quest Part III: Golden Sunrise!"; which will soon be followed by my next "Total Cartoon Global Cruise" episode, "Life Is a Highway, Route 66, That Is!" :D And finally, once I knock those out of the park, expect to see me writing my first "Cerebus" story, "A Fistful of Gold Pieces." Enough said, true believers! ;)

• Like 1

Community Deathmatch: Had this put on a bit of a hiatus since before recent events happened, and those said events have definitely had an effect on where I was going to go with the finale since then. I'm currently in the process of coming up with a new plan. Expect this to return sometime soon. We're already more than halfway through the year and I'd actually like to uphold at least one deadline for the finale :p

Other projects: In the meantime, I am planning something special to commemorate Post Fiction's upcoming seventh anniversary (holy freaking shit, that long already)! It'll likely be a "miniseries/movie" type deal. If you're jjs and made a special purchase in my shop during the Spinoff Festival, then you'll already know what the title and synopsis is. The seventh anniversary falls on July 23rd, so expect it sometime around that date. If you want an idea of what Post Fiction is, I suggest reading it in its original form on forumotion

http://sbcommunity.forumotion.com/t3232-post-fiction

and then just search the forum here for the rest, I'm too lazy :Laugh: although you can gladly skip the episodes I did get up for season two. I'm redacting that shit, OG 2011 season one is where it's really at.

• Like 1

I finished with my first "Cerebus" story, called "A Fistful of Gold Pieces." It is now available for reading and potential reviewing! Expect me to be finished with my latest "Power Rangers Multiverse Force" episode and my latest "Total Cartoon Global Cruise" episode, hopefully sometime later this week!

And related to the Reneverse (specifically, the "Cerebus the Aardvark" re-boot that Renegade and I are co-writing together), I can't believe that I didn't post this sooner, but I have finished writing the first part of "The Long, Long, Long, LONG Walk" (an affectionate parody of "The Hobbit"), and I will be working on and hope to post the second part of the story before Renegade's return. Also, in non-Reneverse news, I FINALLY posted the early, previously missing nine episodes of "Total Cartoon Island" in all their un-edited, cringe-worthy "Total Drama Island" rip-off infamy glory, and I am working on the newest installment of "Total Cartoon Global Cruise!" Enough said! ;)

POWER RANGERS: MULTIVERSE FORCE

My sincerest apologies as to how long "Reborn: Part III" is taking; Greyknight and I are working on the following episode, "Lettuce Manchot: P.I. (Penguin Investigator", which may or may not be followed by a third episode in a row. We'll see.

Mystic Guardians:

The fifth and final season has premiered. I will be keeping up the double chapter premiere schedule until October. You can find the schedule on the wiki and in the MG club.

The Adventures of Gary the Snail: Remastered:

The limited edition remaster will likely be concluding this month. Thanks to all who have been checking it out. It has been fun to revisit and improve my work from nearly a decade ago.

And now...for a big announcement:

Skodwarde:

While two episodes still remain from Season 10, there is something big I have to announce. There isn't an easy way to say this, and some of you may have expected this for a while, so I'll come clean: Skodwarde will finally be ending with Season 11 in early 2019. We will not be adapting Season 12 of SpongeBob. This was a mutual decision by @Old Man Jenkins and I. However...there's a twist: We will not be adapting every episode of Season 11 (!). It will only be 20 episodes long, and the series will conclude at 226 episodes. I know that may seem disappointing, but there's a lot of newer episodes I don't think we can even adapt in an interesting way, and I want to avoid burnout for the team. We're going to cut to the chase and adapt episodes worth it to make this a fantastic final season for Skodwarde. I suppose you can view it like a "Skodwarde Writers Picks" season, where we pick truly the most worthy S11 episodes to be adapted for the end. It will make the season special and different in that regard. It's been fun writing Skodwarde, and I know some may be upset we may be potentially missing out on potentially Skodable episodes for the future, but we don't want to keep running the spin-off into the ground. It's clear interest in it has been declining for a few years now, and to be quite honest, the writers can't keep it going forever like SpongeBob itself. :p I'd rather have Skodwarde get a proper ending now instead of it being dragged on and on into SBC's future to a point where nobody would want to write for it anymore. We want to give Skodwarde a happy and definitive send-off he deserves. Even Skodwarde himself has grown a bit tired and wants to get a nice vacation, and we'll respect our god's wishes there lest he doesn't smite us staff. The series finale will also be entirely original (shocker). There are currently 22 episodes left of Skodwarde that will air between now and early 2019. The team will do our best to bring our A game to this final stretch. and I sure hope we do or else Skodwarde will be giving us quite the ass whooping

Don't be too sad though. Even after it ends, Skodwarde as a franchise might not be over entirely. We still may adapt It's a Wonderful Sponge in 2020, perhaps as a reunion special depending who is still here by then. We might even do a remaster of Season 1 in 2019 to celebrate SpongeBob's 20th anniversary. So even without new episodes being made, Skodwarde will still continue to exist. But when it comes to actual new episodes, it is for the best it comes to a close. This was a very sad decision for us, but it will never be forgotten in SBC's legacy of spin-offs. Enjoy the remaining episodes while they last.

Edited by jjsthekid
  • Like 2
  • Sad 3
  • Confused 1