• Advertisement

Fanfiction News and Announcements

70s

Time for an update on my works.

Squid:

4EverGreen is guest writing the next episode, which will be up before the month ends. S3 will return to its regular schedule in November. Let me know if interested in guest writing.

Jjs' Riffing Theater 3000:

16 riffs remain overall. USMI is halfway done. We're in the home stretch. If you have any riffs in the works, I'd like them soon, but I still won't rush them as these riffs have been turning out amazing so far. It's okay if our final project goes into early 2018, which it may, but I would like USMI done before the year ends.

Mystic Guardians:

Three chapters remain of Season 3. "Night of Fear" will be posted October 28th, and is somewhat Halloween themed. Then the season finale "Operation: Darkest Hour", a two-parter, will be posted on November 4th. Without giving away too much, it's gonna be bigger and even better than the previous two season finales in my opinion.

Skodwarde:

Season 10 starts this November, with the season premiere by Nuggets.

Edited by The Lich

I have recently finished the "Power Rangers Multiverse Force" two-part special, "Land of Confusion!" Both parts are now up and ready for you to read, review, and enjoy! :D All that's left of Season One, is the Grand Finale planned by Renegade! o.o He will reveal more information when the time comes! :cool: Enough said! ;)

POWER RANGERS: MULTIVERSE FORCE

The season finale, The Laughter of Thirsting Gods, co-written with @GreyKnight151, will be posted soon. We're already halfway done with Part I (20+ pages in Google Docs and counting)...and hoooo boy, is it gonna be epic. :cool: 

• Like 1

I have just finished my latest "One Shot Story", "Mellow Submarine!" It is now ready to completely read, enjoy, and potentially review for your pleasure! :D My next goal is to finish up "Total Cartoon Global Cruise" before the year is out; so I can focus more on original ideas for my "One Shot Stories", as well as help Renegade write further episodes of "Power Rangers Multiverse Force!" :cool: Enough said! ;)

Speaking of Power Rangers: Multiverse Force...

@GreyKnight151 will be joining me and 4EverGreen as co-writers, on his request, starting with season 2. He and I will be writing episodes together so that the format of "I write an episode, 4Ever writes the next" will not be broken.

• Like 1

While I'm sure most people here have missed me still being around in the spin-off/lit writing community, I'm going to leave a small update here: due to my not-so-recent inactivity, I'm very much going to be continuing to write my unfinished works even through 2018, and I just hope that I'll be able to retire from spin-off writing by 2018. I will return early next month with the second part for Red Flag Savior, which I've been working on since about one or two weeks back.

Edited by Pumpkinhead

"The Long Run", my latest "Total Cartoon Global Cruise" episode, is now finished and ready to fully read and potentially review! :D I'll try to get my next episode of "Total Cartoon Global Cruise", the FINAL Performance Review of Season Three, up when I am able to get to it. HOPEFULLY, it will be sometime soon! :hysterical: Enough said! ;)

Spiriting Fluttershy's Dark Sky

The pre-finale episode was posted today. Also, I now have a scheduled date for the finale, December 15th. To all my fans, please read it then to see the franchise out to the end...

Spoiler

...and then to a new beginning. ;)

Update time.

Skodwarde:

S10 has started. The next episode will come soon by Hayden.

Mystic Guardians:

Season 4 will start January 6th, 2018, exactly one month from today. Very excited for this season. Here are the first five S4 titles:

Spoiler

79. Escape from the Citadel

80. Heroes of the Shadows

81. Season of The Beast

82. Ghost in the Machine

83. Long Live The King

10 riffs remain overall. (6 from USMI, 4 from the final project). It's gonna be a bittersweet but fun ride. I will reveal what the final project is after 21 & 22 are posted, which I know many have been curious about.

Squid:

A Christmas special will be coming this month by yours truly.

Edited by jjsthekid
  • Like 1

Long overdue update... 

THE TEENJVERSE 

Team SpongeBob -

The "Crisis on Infinite Timelines" arc will begin hopefully this week. Working on the 158th episode now.

As revealed in the Teenjverse Club, the episode will go as followed:

158. 2010: This episode flashes back, as we get a glimpse of who Sandy, SpongeBob, Patrick, and Shin were shortly before they formed the first incarnation of Team SpongeBob. Meanwhile, Debbie and Aria arrive back in time on July 27, 2010, in order to prevent Victoria from changing a key day in Team SpongeBob's history - the day the first four members came together. 

You will not want to miss this special episode, as it will basically be a retooling of the pilot episode.

Miss Appear -

The fourth season of Miss Appear will air in late winter 2018 after Team SpongeBob finishes up it's run. Very excited for this season, and the new antagonist will be a homage to something directly from SpongeBob. Any guesses on who???? I think it'll be a very exciting reveal ;) . 

The Quickster -

Nope, this has not been forgotten about. The Quickster's second season will also premiere  in late winter 2018. I think this season will take the time to more intricately explore other characters and the whole idea of metas. More information will release in the future.

2018 Crossover -

As you all know, I've promised a crossover for 2018, but it won't be too long a wait. I have the second annual Teenjverse crossover scheduled for a Spring 2018 release. Currently brainstorming ideas, but nothing concrete will be set for a while. All that I know for sure is that the crossover will run across episodes of Miss Appear and The Quickster. Team SpongeBob will not be involved, as the show will have ended by that time. 

• Like 3

This is just an update to let people know that I'm currently in the process of writing the next "Power Rangers Multiverse Force" episode, "Shock the Monkey!"; and I'm also beginning to write a Christmas Special for the Snowcember Literature event! I'll let you know more once it gets closer to being finished! Also, 3,000th VICTORY POST!!!! :cool:

Time for a big announcement many have been waiting for.

3 riffs remain for USMI. Since people have wondered, it's time I reveal the final riffing project. This one works a lot differently than the past 31 ones. The final riffing project is called...

One-Shots

One-Shots is a collection of four standalone stories that have no connection to each other, so it's multiple stories in one project. These are stories couldn't even continue beyond one chapter. There will be no fatigue from these, as these are one and done works (though not intentionally, as all were cancelled, whoops). Yup, since SBC has had a tradition of many stories not continuing beyond one chapter in the past, I figured this would be a creative and fitting final project. There were many candidates for this, but I narrowed it to down to four specific ones worth riffing. I won't reveal what they are yet, but it'll be a fun and easy final riffing project. I can say the last one-shot will be very special and is important to JRT as a whole. One-Shots will hopefully be done by January 2018, which will bring Riffing Theater to an end. It's been a fun ride everyone, but I hope this last stretch of riffs will be a nice way to go out.

Squid:

"Merry Squidmas!" is coming by yours truly next week.

Skodwarde:

205b will be coming by Hayden soon, along with 206a by Cha. The rest of Season 10 will kick in at high speed in early 2018.

Mystic Guardians:

Season 4 starts January 6th, 2018 with "Escape from the Citadel". I'll reveal plots and other info for the chapters soon.

Edited by Gunter
  • Like 2

THE TEENJVERSE 

Team SpongeBob -

Next week will see two episodes aired, as part of a special event called "Crisis Weekend!". 

160. Dystopia:  Alex finds himself in a potential future of Karate Island - one ruled by Victoria as the evil overlord, Ice Empress. Though hope seems lost, Alex finds that a new Team SpongeBob has formed to fight for the island's freedom. (Air Date: December 29, 2017)

161. The Fallen: Coming off the waves of their time travelling adventures, the team becomes nostalgic about their fallen members after a surprising face turns up. SpongeBob makes a decision that he believes is in everyone's best interest. Aria is confronted by a person linked to Azarah's past. (Air Date: December 30, 2017)

The show will  go on a small break after 161, with the episode leaving off on an insane cliffhanger.

Miss Appear -

Will be scarce with news about this, but I can confirm two exciting pieces of information:

• A character named Dirty Dan will be the main villain of Season 4.
  • Barnacle Boy will be added to the show as a main character!
  • The season will consist of 11 episodes. 

• Like 1

Big announcements in Jjs Land.

Mystic Guardians:

Some already know, but here are synopses for the first four S4 chapters:

Spoiler

79. Escape from the Citadel (January 6th, 2018): While hunting The Beast through Cosmosos, a space-like kingdom, the heroes are told to investigate the Crystal Citadel holding many fearsome Karmanian outlaws. However, they soon learn a surprising secret about one of the prisoners there...

80. Heroes of the Shadows (January 13th, 2018): As the heroes track The Beast into the Shadow Lands, their trip comes to a stop as they must help aid several rebels fighting against the tyranny of the new king: Viktor's brother. 

81. Season of The Beast (January 20th, 2018): As they still search for The Beast in the Shadow Lands, the heroes uncover a mysterious cult that worships him.

82. Ghost in the Machine (January 27th, 2018): Traveling back through Cosmosos after The Beast, the gang's trip is interrupted by an old traveling station run by an insane Artificial Intelligence. 

Very excited for this season.

Squid:

I've decided that Squid S3 will be the final season. As much fun as I've had with reliving the tv.com days, I feel we've pretty much done everything we can with it by now. S3 will be slightly longer, being 25 episodes long instead of 20, so it will end at 65. That being said, if you want one last chance to guest write on it, let me know and I'll reserve a spot.

The USMI finale may be up before the year ends. To hold you all over, here are what the one-shots will be for the final project, as I know many have been curious...

Spoiler

1. "Chapter 1" - Total Toon Island by Hayden

2. "Panel Pandemonium" - The Parody Pannel by tvguy (because you can't have a project on one-shots without a tvguy one-shot)

3. "ExKizuna Goes To School" - The Classy SBC Skits! by PatBack

4. "Some SOF Talk Show Claps Found" - SBC Theater 4000 by Elastic (SERIES FINALE)

Yup, I decided to end JRT by connecting it back to what started riffing on SBC in the first place. I think this will be a nostalgic but bittersweet way to end it.

??? 1 & 2

But wait, what's this? Yes, I have not one, but two new projects coming in 2018. Since two of my works are ending, there will be two new ones to fill the void. I won't say what they are yet or when they're coming, but here are hints:

The first one is a new SBC themed literature, and it won't be a parody (ala SBC Falls). 

The second one is a retelling of an old tv.com spin-off of mine. Therefore, if you enjoyed Squid's format, you may like this.

Stay tuned for more info...

Edited by Gunter
  • Like 4

POWER RANGERS: MULTIVERSE FORCE

I am considering doubling the length of PR: MVF season 2 to either 52 or 64 episodes, seeing as Greyknight, 4EverGreen and I are now unofficially working in double episode shifts. I will discuss it with them, and if we agree on something, it will be announced.

Edited by Renegade the Unicorn

Since it is New Years Eve (well, for me still), I might as well give an update of what's on my plate heading into the new year, as well.

Community Deathmatch
- I've been mulling over this one for the past month now, and I think I've to to terms on this decision; I'm thinking that 2018 may be Community Deathmatch's final year "on the air". I'm sure the thought of this might bum some, but it mostly comes down to personal stuff. I'm turning 25 this coming year, I'm not getting any younger, I haven't really done as much with my life as I would've liked to by this point, I need to start securing my future more, I'm not ScrewAttack (as muchI'd like to be), I'm sure y'all would understand. And don't get me wrong, I fucking love making these episodes, it has never once become a chore for me to do throughout the almost five years that I've been writing them, be it from its awkward beginnings to what I feel is its best run yet during this past year or two. And continue to bear in mind that I still do make all of this on an iPad (a freaking outdated iPad, mind you, I still have the old ass OS from when I first got it back during Christmas 2012). 

It's just that all this time recently that I spend on the writing, match studying and visual aids, it really gives me time to reflect on things and once you get your head wrapped around in all that junk, you just feel that there's an emptiness there that it all doesn't necessarily fill. All that sappy crap aside, I don't know when exactly I'll close the book on it (it's still a hard decision for me to make/carry out right now, honestly). I just know that I want to at least tie up most of the loose ends by then, like the whole ACSaga storyline that's been going on for years, the current jjs vs hilaryfan80 angle, among other things that I wanna see through til the end.

And for the first time throughout DM's run, I'm currently open to the idea of bringing any guest writers in if anybody's interested. There's a lot of ground to cover on both sites and hell if I can cover them all myself. Tho, don't be surprised if I'm a bit selective in that process :Laugh: it could be like an actual WWE creative team! Except, you know, actually creative, hopefully. And if that should go over well with me, then who knows, I might even hand the keys to the Deathmatch Arena off to somebody else if they feel up to carrying on Community Deathmatch's legacy.

But until that day arrives, you can bet your ass I'm gonna go all out between now and then, during my free time. I'm experimenting a bit right now, sorta transitioning to a different episode format that'll see more matches and segments per episode instead of just one (like an actual episode of WWE Raw or Smackdown perhaps. And that's what I'm hoping any potential guest writers will help me with). 

atm, I'm trying see how shorter matches and less visual aids will fare with people (tho, I could work on actually shortening the length of matches lol). It's a style I picked up from my e-fedding days, cuz those guys would write up an entire show on a weekly basis and that's insane since I can barely keep a schedule going with just one match per ep. So yeah, those are the biggest takeaways I've gotten from studying their shtyle. It may or may not stick. We'll see.

Just posted Spongetron and Metal Snake's big Deathmatch debuts yesterday. The next update (which is the second part of that) will see the in-ring debut of Crushing as well as other developments that I'll keep mum on for now. Was hoping to get it up today, but hopefully I'll finish it sometime during the next few days. Originally meant to post it all together, but I thought it would've been lengthy and I really wanted to get something out to surprise y'all as the year comes to a close.

Hopefully this all wasn't too much of a chore to read for just one lit :Laugh:

Any and Everything Else

- I definitely want to finish my Super Mario Bros Z tribute. That's a passion project for me. I'll probs get back to work on that once I finish the next Deathmatch update. I might even write my own lil Crash Bandicoot/Spyro the Dragon spinoff/version down the road. It's been on my mind for the longest time.

- The chances of me continuing Post Fiction V12 is looking slimmer by the day, unfortunately. I don't know what I was thinking when I threw that out there. I was playing a lot of Final Fantasy XV at that time and I wanted to make something in the same vein as it (sorta). I know it has some of its fans, but between that and Deathmatch, well, you know my decision lol

- Spinoff-wise, I'd really like to finally get that Krusty Kombat back off the ground. It's that fighting game-inspired spinoff that I entered into, I think, 2016's Spinoff Festival. I'd really like to get at least one more spinoff out of me. And seeing how well the tv.com format has been faring with people with spinoffs like Squid, I'll probably write it out like that. I'm sure people don't want to continue seeing me try to describe fight scenes to the best of my abilities :Laugh: I'll try to work a way around it if I do get around to doing it.

- Other than that, I still got some Skodwarde guest writes on the horizon, I think a Squid guest write, and I still got some riffs left in me as The Riffing Theater closes its own doors.

Here's to a good 2018 to all!

• Like 5