• Advertisement

Fanfiction News and Announcements

70s

I have successfully written my latest "Total Cartoon Global Cruise" episodes, "Performance Review: Larry's Wonderful Christmas Time,"  AND, "Larry and Blonda: Back In the U.S.--Back In the U.S.--Back in the--What Do You MEAN They No Longer Call It the U.S.S.R.?!" Constructive criticism is appreciated. :D Enough said! ;)

SBC Honest Trailers

On February 26th, the last episode of Season 1 is going to be posted. I may as well tell you that it's going to be a work of my own that will be trailered, as I've even put up a poll now where you can vote for which work of mine you want to see me do a trailer of. After the Season 1 finale, the show will go on hiatus and is scheduled to return this summer.

-While you guys can expect some more UWS on the way (as well as some important news when Ep 18. is posted), expect more Guru Gakuto, Rift and Drift, and Z-Storm revisions for this month.

-And speaking of Guru Gakuto, I have more things to say about the spin-off because....

While I'm surprised myself for taking as long to make this decision, I've decided that Season 2 will be cut short of 6 episodes. Not only will it be a shorter season, but it will now have 4 episodes left as I plan on ending the spin-off this month. This is inherently because I feel 4 more eps is a good enough amount to wrapping up the storyline. Soon it will conclude with 20 episodes as the titles and new line-up of episodes is currently undecided.

SBC Honest Trailers

Anyone who saw my Sharing Time thread saw this one coming, the hiatus is finally being lifted. Season 2 premieres Monday, May 30th. 

Metal's Collection of Cloudy Creations

Scheduled to go on hiatus starting June 10th. It will return when I have more stories that I wish to share on SBC.

Edited by Metal Snake
  • Like 1

Underwater Survivor SBC: Season 3 is coming close to an end, and I've got something really important to say about that:

The third season of UWS will indeed be its last. Now, this isn't something I planned a few months before. For the longest time, I initially planned for UWS to last for three seasons by the start of Season 2. It's also a reasonable decision that UWS comes to an end, it has overstayed as a continuing series along with a few other spin-offs I've said many times that I needed to finish. Additionally, it's going to be the end of UWS in general. No revivals, reboots, or anything. However, I do encourage other reality show based spin-offs/lits like this. To exemplify, there's Clappy's SBC version of Spin-Off Action, even though it's been shelved, as far as I know. As UWS continues until the finale (its 80th episode), a new week of five eps will be in progress after Jjs finishes the third Aftermath special. Eventually, that will lead up to the last three episodes.

Guru Gakuto: I can't say for sure that I will be able to finish this spin-off by the end of this month, but this one of the very next works of mine planned for completion.

Edited by Steel Sponge
  • Like 1

I can't believe that I almost forgot to post the news that my latest "Total Cartoon Global Cruise" episode, called "Good Stuff, Missionary Man", is now finished and available for reading! Constructive feedback is appreciated as always.

Z-Storm: I've got some important news regarding the fate of this spin-off. It's officially discontinued, I'm sorry. Of course, I have various reasons why I've made this decision. Considering that I don't have much of a passion for writing spin-offs like I've used to (and that I'm still trying to get that back), I can't keep making promises that I'll continue it someday, since that I hated how the story for Z-Storm turned out. It's pretty clear now that I really didn't want to keep writing for Z-Storm and I just don't find it possible for me to try and continue a spin-off that I have lukewarm feelings for. I've also put this spin-off on hiatus long enough to the point where there's just no point in trying to bring it back from hiatus. Lastly, I don't feel comfortable trying to finish something now that I've made literally 6 years ago, preferably because there's no parallel between my 15-16 year old self's writing and my 21 year old self's writing. Making revisions for the rest of the episodes are going to be what's left of the spin-off now, and they will be revised unannounced. Sadly, this also means that there are a lot of loose ends that need to be tied up and some unexplained bits when I continue Oracle of the Cosmos. Don't worry, I'll still get around to completing all my other works, including Guru Gakuto, Sub-Tropical Academy, Tiki Land, and Trinity Leaf Pegasus. In the meantime, Strezz will still be a main character in OotC, but it's going to be weird to be writing a character from a spin-off that I feel embarrassed about. So, will there be a new path for this now-cancelled spin-off? I've recently been having thoughts about making a miniseries that reinvents Z-Storm as a whole, but that depends if I really want to do that.

Edited by Steel Sponge

Time for some long-overdue updates:

Skodwarde:

Stay tuned for a new special written by OMJ, coming soon.

Jjs' Riffing Theater 3000:

PM me if you are interested in riffing for "SBC: Investigation & Prosecution".

SBC Falls:

"CNF & Cha vs. the Future" will be coming before SOF6 ends, hopefully next weekend. After that, only three chapters remain, and the lit will end this summer.

Mystic Guardians:

Season finale is up, and Season 2 probably won't be coming until August/September. It's been fun writing it, but I need a break. Still, to hold you over, you can buy some S2 spoilers from my store (#ShamelessPlug).

Edited by jjsthekid

NEWS ON MY SPIN-OFFS/LITS:

Well holy crap, it's been a while huh? Well anywho, here's what I'm planning on as my summer vacation is about to begin:

• SPONGEBOB AND HIS FRIENDS: I think I've already mentioned this, but this show is indeed going to end after the 3rd season. I'm thinking about reducing the order of the show from 13 episodes to 6 episodes, mostly because of my lack of interest in the show atm. This could change but who knows.
  • NICK THE GOLDFISH SLAYER: I would like to complete the mini-series this summer as well. There's only 5 episodes left, so maybe a premiere week is in order? Stay tuned...
  • THE ARCHIVES OF CNF1: I've been trying to figure out what to do with this series. It's not as easy to just outright cancel, as I may have more material for it at some point. Currently, my plan is to wrap up Season 2 with the final 3 episodes, featuring some stuff I'd like to share yet. After that, I may bring it back every once in a while to share some other stuff. Of course, this is just a tentative plan, so it may change in the future.
  • GARY THE SNAIL'S UNDERSEA ADVENTURES: This is about the only spin-off that I definitely plan on continuing past the current season. I've said in the past that a Season 5 wasn't in the works, but that's only partially true. While I haven't planned anything out for it in a while (until just very recently), there are indeed plans in place for Season 5. Season 4 will likely wrap up this summer, with Season 5 hopefully following it too.
  • NEW IDEAS FOR SPIN-OFFS/LITS: Nothing for spin-offs, but I may have an idea for a new lit coming soon. Only time will tell though...

THAT'S ALL FOLKS!

• Like 1

The Season Finale for "My Life Story" is happening soon. Probably by Part 15. Don't be assured though. Also I might make a collected version off all of the parts when Season 1 is completed.

Metal's Collection of Cloudy Creations

Due to a glitch, the last chapter before the show's hiatus has been rescheduled to June 15th. Sorry for the delay, but it's a problem that's out of my control.