Hawk's Movie Nights: Thanksgiving 2022 Special - Planes, Trains, & Automobiles

Event details

LET'S GOOOOOO!

Those of you who've known me for long enough are probably aware that Planes, Trains, & Automobiles, the Thanksgiving road trip comedy from legendary 80s director John Hughes, is, without a doubt, my favorite holiday movie of all time. I've seen it dozens of times, and often times just casually quote several different lines from it in conversations. If you haven't heard of it, here's the TVTropes synopsis:

Uptight marketing executive Neal Page (Steve Martin) just wants to get home to Chicago for Thanksgiving Day. Unfortunately, every mode of transportation somehow fails him and he is stuck with Del Griffith (John Candy), a garrulous traveling shower curtain ring salesman who doesn't quite know when to shut up. Over the course of three days—through delayed planes, broken-down trains, and burned-out automobiles, among other mishaps—Neal and Del progress from being at each other's throats to developing an unlikely friendship.

Watching this movie with friends has been an ongoing tradition of mine for several years, but somehow, until now, I never thought to make it a group joint. So, why not start right here on SBC?

Since I'm gonna be going on an actual Thanksgiving trip to Arkansas this week, our best option will be to do this tomorrow night - Sunday night, 9 PM Central is what I ended up deciding on. We can give or take a couple of hours depending on if any of y'all have objections to this specific time, but Tuesday night is going to be the only feasible option. It'll be going down in my Cytube room (r/nongolfercommitteeat the aforementioned time, so be sure to keep your eyes out. Also be sure to bring your air pianos along to do the Mess Around!

EDIT: Cytube hosting has hit a technical roadblock. We'll be streaming it on SBC Discord itself instead.

EDIT 2: Watch is pushed back to Wednesday night. Discord streaming also turned out to be too problematic.

EDIT 3: Now moved to Sunday the 27th. If this doesn't work, I'm scrapping the event.

Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.