• Advertisement

Teams is finally here!

Guest hilaryfan80

Guest hilaryfan80

After spending 11 hours straight, I've finally made the entire teams addition to Orca! :D

2lvbb7p.png

Here's a feature list:

Spoiler
  • Ability to battle other teams for team doubloons
  • Ability to battle other members for fun
  • Complete integration with ibEconomy
  • Improved coding from the original Glove World
  • Optimized for Orca
  • Team leaders can spend team doubloons in the team's bank on sabotage
  • New "Team Store" section to the SBC Doubloon Store
  • New "Team Leader Store" section to the SBC Doubloon Store (only accessible by staff and team leaders)
  • A new team bank
  • Ability to donate to the team bank
  • Missions integration within the forums
  • Easter eggs hidden around the site
  • All doubloons used within teams counts towards your total worth
  • Four weapons per team
    • Good Noodles
      • Basic Staff
      • Intermediate Staff
      • Advanced Staff
      • Godly Staff

[*]Krusty Krushers

• Basic Sword
      • Intermediate Sword
      • Advanced Sword
      • Godly Sword

[*]Ability to upgrade sword at any time

[*]Runes and energy integrated into the teams

[*]A "Team Stats" section (more added later after things getting going)

[*]Updated navigation bar

As this is the first release, not every feature is going to be available immediately, but please do use it as much as you want. :)

There is some stuff that I want to tell you all before you all go to teams. First, member battles must be mutual. Because we don't want people just randomly attacking people until they die (this may come in the future... :ph34r:), you can start a member battle, but your opponent must make the first attack. Teams will not tell your opponent that you started a battle, either: you must do it yourself. Sorry! :unsure: You can arrange a battle in the Xat, over PM, whatever. In later releases, I will definitely have an automated system for telling your opponent that you started a battle. As of right now, member battles have a time limit of 24 hours, and after that, you may sign up for another battle. You can only sign up for one battle a day right now, but in a later release that will change (kind of a "I can't make until people start using it" thing). They're purely for fun, so you don't get anything from them. Team battles have a time limit of a week, but since teams both have 1000 HP, it will take a while to take down a team! B)

Alright, now time for instructions on how to start teams!

1. Buy membership for a team if you haven't already. It is free.
  2. Get to know your teammates. They will be around during the entire thing.
  3. Take a visit to the Team Store.
  4. Buy a weapon. The more you pay, the more powerful it is!
  5. Buy either runes or energy, depending on your team. This is your source of attack, and without it, you're powerless! Each attack takes one rune/energy, so buy plenty! The Team Store restocks these every 3 days.
  6. Go and battle!
  7. Whenever you have some extra doubloons, donate them to your team's bank in order for your team to progress and sabotage the other team!

Your team leader has the ability to buy things from the "Team Leader Store", but they can't do anything without funds in the team's bank! Win battles, donate doubloons, find easter eggs, and participate in team missions in order to succeed. :D

By the way, I've typed over 27,000 letters in teams. A lot of words, right? :S

Oh and I've started the first ever team battle! Battle it up, as the current battle ends a week from today!

Have fun! :lol:

Guest hilaryfan80

In light of Independence Day, there's now a free Independence Staff and Independence Sword available in the Team Store. Get it while it lasts!

Independence Staff 2012:

2dkeag6.png

A *free* limited edition staff for Independence Day 2012. Its aura seems to weaken everyday, suggesting it will eventually lose its ability to hurt others. (Note: It's as powerful as the Basic Staff; if you have a better staff, you can get this as a collectors item.)

Independence Sword 2012:

nqpa0.png

A *free* limited edition sword for Independence Day 2012. Its aura seems to weaken everyday, suggesting it will eventually lose its ability to hurt others. (Note: It's as powerful as the Basic Sword; if you have a better sword, you can get this as a collectors item.)

There went my silver username. Oh, well.

Since some landlubbers stole my chances of getting my silver username back, I'm shall now remedy the transgression of our 42nd president by abusing the most cherished of Good Noodlien privileges.

Guest hilaryfan80

I heard that some of you all had questions about teams and how it works, so I'm going to clarify on some things:

Why does the navigation bar say "Glove World" if it links to teams?

I plan on expanding the teams to go on to the entire Glove World. You see, teams alone took me 11 hours to make; I don't think I want to spend more time changing "Glove World" to say "Teams" in the navigation bar when it's going to be updated anyways. Sorry for the confusion. :lol:

How do I know if someone is battling me?

At this moment, you have to be told by your opponent that you're being battled. I plan on making an update for teams to where you'll see this in the corner of the screen whenever someone starts a battle with you:

2713bed3.gif

It's cute, right? I also plan on expanding this to other notifications within Glove World as well. I couldn't make this originally with the start of teams because I needed to see how teams would work exactly before making this system.

What are the Independence weapons for?

They're mostly collectors items, but they can be used in teams up until July 8th. If you have the Godly, Advanced, or Intermediate weapons, you can't use your Independence weapon because they're more powerful than the Independence. The Independence weapons are just as powerful as the Basic weapons, but they're free, so take advantage of it while you can!

What happens to our Independence weapons on July 8th?

Absolutely nothing. You get to keep them, they're yours, but you can't use them within teams anymore. Think of it this way: if SBC gets really popular within the next year or so, you'll have a collectable that hardly anyone has. Instantly, you'll have an item to brag off on. They're mostly for showing off to others. Even so, they're free! Why not get one?

What's the point of the team bank?

Your team leader has access to the "Team Leader Store" in the SBC Doubloon Store. Each item is priced to a certain amount of team doubloons, which are in your team bank. They can purchase stuff like taking over the other team's forum, or even force the other team to get a new leader. In other words, the team bank is crucial for your team to conquer.

Why are the weapons so pricy?

In all fairness, we do have multiple opportunities to get doubloons. I've started doubloon egg hunts that give you huge amounts of doubloons (the highest being 100,000 doubloons!), there's SpongeBob Jeopardy, and other things. By participating in SBC events, you can earn a lot of doubloons.

I hope that answers some questions. If you have other questions, I'll answer here as well.

;)