• Advertisement

192a. Company Picnic

Jinjo

Rating?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. What did you think of this episode?

• 5/5 Stars: This was the greatest company picnic EVER!
    • 4/5 Stars: We learned a little something about each other, and ourselves...
    • 3/5 Stars: That's not how you spell company picnic!
    • 2/5 Stars: My loyal employees would never be taken in by such a shallow display!
    • 1/5 Stars: Sounds to me like you're just wasting me precious ingredients!

From the end credits of Pull Up a Barrel, here is who will be in this episode:

YbpDuJi.jpg?1

Also, here's a poor quality of the promo aired last night:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wz07BZWgTNg

Will update this one if a cleaner one surfaces.

That face at the end of the promo is perfect. I'm loving how the faces are drawn in new era. :D

I have to admit, this was a bit of a letdown. It wasn't outright awful or anything, it just seemed kind of half-baked. It felt really slow for the first half, and I honestly didn't like the hologram twist. It felt out of nowhere and ruined the point of the episode. Or maybe I'm just tired of Plankton/Krabs rivalry episodes, but at least the formula wasn't a big part of the episode, and to be fair, we did have a different setting. Mixing a Krusty Krab episode with Jellyfish Fields was creative at least.

That being said, I did like the callbacks to previous episodes (Simmy resembling Robot SpongeBob from Welcome to the Chum Bucket, Grandma Tentacles appearing on a picture, and Mr. Krabs' molted skin from Shell of a Man), Squidward going insane was kind of amusing, the slow motion scene, and the animation was nice. The poses reminded me a bit of Season 4. But for an episode the crew had time to redo, I'm kind of disappointed. It wasn't outright bad or anything, but this is probably my least favorite of the new era so far.

Grade: C+

I'll admit that episode disposition to me, like what the heck? Plankton, did you really give a ass pull for just trick Mr Krabs? well at least the stealing forumla routine wasn't big part of this episode. The only good parts was callback to some episodes previously.

Overall, ut wasn't that great IMO

Grade: C-

I enjoyed it.

I loved the setting of the episode, the limited amount of characters involved, and the plot felt original and unique. The two robots were a cool addition and Plankton had a sort of different plan for once instead of directly trying to steal the formula. There were some good faces and moments like the slow mo part and the hologram twist ending was cool. I actually wasn't expecting that. The beginning was a bit slow but I did like seeing SpongeBob imitate the voices of the Krabby Patties, pretty funny. There was also some nice callback to earlier episodes like Shell Of A Man.

Overall, this episode was really good in my opinion. THE GREATEST COMPANY PICNIC EVER!!

• Like 3

After rewatching, I do agree that this episode wasn't that great... however, I still enjoyed it. I appreciate the callbacks, and the expressions were a treat to look at! I laughed quite a bit, especially at the slow-mo scene, and I will give credit for the formula shtick not having been thrown in your face as it usually tends to be. I do agree with jjs, though; for an episode that was redone entirely, it could've been executed way better.

Maybe I just missed Plankton, though... ;) Either way, I'd give it a B.

• Like 2

There were two pretty funny parts to this one, mostly near the end. I think this episode was better for the interesting drawing style more than anything else, especially laughs. Seriously I really do like the way SpongeBob sounded and everything here. I'm leaning at just a C for this episode. I'll definitely find some great screencaps from this ep and make those my profile pic though.

In my opinion they missed a perfect opportunity to put in a Mermaid Man cameo. In the scene where SpongeBob puts on ketchup face paint, they could have added dialogue anything like this:
SB: "Look at me, I'm a superhero!"
Squid: "What superhero are you supposed to be?"
SB: "I'm Barnacle Boy, silly!"
Mr. K: "Well, I'd hardly call him a superhero..."
(cut to Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy at Shady Shoals and make BB scowl at the camera and then cut back)

I mean I came up with that on the spot, and it would have made this ep 10 times better just to see Mermaid Man on screen again.

The episode over all wasn't the best, but I still liked some of the gags like the phone books and the Shell of a Man reference and even Squid having fun on the roller coaster, and I liked the background paintings and Plankton's bus made me happy.

• Like 4

I think it was as good as it could get. Also it was worth giving this idea a reboot because this wasn't bad, like a lot of people say. Not as amazing as the rest of season 9.2, but definitely a nice little simple episode with enough originality and humor. The beginning was kinda slow, but you have to remember that parts of this piece were originally written by the old crew. The new people just made it better. And it probably is as good as it gets. The slomo joke really got me :P

Overall, cool episode and nice work, writers (:

8/10

• Like 1

Omg the patty picnic in the beginning and Squidward's grandma. <3  Mr. Krabs being cheap got old, but I'm use to it. Hmm, I wonder why SpongeBob can't have fun with paper plates when he can have fun in a gum wrapper? The slow-mo thing was kinda funny too. I'm glad Plankton brought something new to this episode, even if it felt slow like a lot of SB episodes these days. 

• Like 1

I thought the hologram twist was really clever, especially on Plankton's part! He hasn't come up with a REALLY genius plan to get the Krabby Patty formula, since...arguably, "Krabs Ala Mode." It was also really genius for Plankton to think up how to try to trick Mr. Krabs work for him and MAKE him give up the Krabby Patty formula! I loved how they referenced Barnacle Boy, and how Spongebob was the one who, indirectly, saved the day! This was a good episode! 10/10!

• Like 1