• Advertisement

Creation Glory

Jjs Goodman

Here's how this works: This is basically just a story contest for your ideas. If you don't want to make a full-fledged spin-off/lit, that's perfectly fine. But if you do want to show some of your creativity, you could give this contest a try. Basically, post in this topic a story about anything you want. Here are the rules:

1.) The story can be about anything. It could be SpongeBob related or non-SpongeBob related, it doesn't matter to us. 

2.) It cannot be an episode of an already existing work of yours, this is for fresh ideas.

3.) It must at least be 500 words, but can go over.

4.) If you'd like to consider making it a pilot, go ahead, but again, it must be something new. If you want it just be a one-shot, that's fine with us as well. 

After we get a good amount of stories, a judging panel of staff members will pick the best story. The winner will receive 500 SOF Tickets, 1,000 doubloons, and we'll help encourage the winner to possibly turn their idea into a full-fledged spin-off or lit. The deadline to submit something is by June 11th, and the winner will be announced June 12th.

To get CG started, here's an Ed, Edd, n Eddy thing I wrote recently. It's rather dark, but I hope you all enjoy it nonetheless

The Ed-Cident

Chapter 1: The Day Time Stopped

Oh how the dog days of summer brought out the worst in the Ed boys. Mostly it was in Eddy, their greedy leader whose dreams consisted of jawbreakers and money, but the other two weren’t any better by association. Edd was a genius who could have probably better used his summers studying up, but perhaps his brain needed a break after nine months of school. Who knows? Ed, well, Ed really didn’t have much better to do. If he was left to be he’d be reading bizarre comic books in a bathtub full of gravy, so maybe being outside was good for him was what his parents had always told him. Regardless the three Ed boys had become best friends over the years, even if everything they did fell completely on their faces and they never got those jawbreakers. But everyone had fun and no one was hurt. For the longest while, no one was hurt.

---------------------------

It was a hot summer day and the Ed boys were preparing to do what they usually did: scheme to make money. It didn’t matter how many times they failed, Eddy still brought another scheme to the table each day. Today, meeting in Eddy’s garage, he laid out some blueprints on the working table his Dad normally used for carpeting business. Today’s plan was especially ridiculous.

“Alright boys,” Eddy began. “Today we’re going to cool off the kids of the Cul-De-Sac AND get their money all in one fell swoop!” Eddy almost practically sounded like a madman as he said this. “We’re going to create…. A

FLYING FREEZER!”

Edd was not convinced.

“Eddy, of all the ridiculous things you’ve come up with, this definitely ranks up with the craziest ones like the cardboard bus and your Squirrel scam.” He said. “I mean, how are we going to create a flying freezer?”

Eddy just smiled right back.

“Oh Double D!” He said. “You can be as unconvinced as you want, but that means we’ll just split the earnings between me and Ed. All you gotta do is tie the Freezer to my brother’s car and woolah! A flying freezer.”

Double D almost wanted to laugh. “Are you kidding me?” He said. “Freezers are way too heavy to just up and fly when you accelerate the car back!”

“You’re right Double D,” Eddy began. “We need to create a holding device for the freezer so it’ll stay still as it flies!”

Double D just sighed. “Well let’s just give it a try then, now huh?”

------------------------------------------------

About two hours passed, and the boys were almost ready. But first Eddy decided to inspect the Cul-De-Sac to inform his “customers” of the new product. They were all around Kevin’s house playing Spin the Bottle. Eddy didn’t say anything for a moment as he listened in.

“Alright Sarah.” Kevin said. “Your turn to spin the bottle.”

She spinned it and it rattled on and on until it pointed directly at Naz.

“Alright Naz, truth or dare.” Sarah asked.

“Dare!” Naz said, feeling adventurous today.

Sarah gave it a brief thought. “I dare you…. To kiss Kevin!”

Just then a look of horror enveloped her face as she heard this. But before she could give any sort of verbal response, Eddy jumped in the middle.

“Hey there suckers!” He said.

“What do you want, Ed boy? “Kevin said back, his tone evidently irritant.

Eddy chuckled. He had a good feeling about this one.

“If you’ll all come to the center of the Cul-De-Sac, you’ll get notably refreshed!” Eddy said with much enthusiasm.

Although most of kids knew what was coming, they decided it would be fun to watch another Edsaster. They went in an unorganized bunch.

Eddy then went to the car, where he saw Edd and Ed milling about carelessly it seemed.

“Ed, you big dofus!” Eddy said. “Go and bring up the rear!”

“Ok Eddy!” Ed said.

Ed then went up behind the back of the car and picked it up. Eddy, having gotten into the car, screamed in a girly fit of fear.

“ED!” Eddy yelled. “Put me down!”

Ed did as he was told and proceeded to do nothing behind the car. Meanwhile in the car, Eddy was attempting to figure out how to actually work a car. He put the keys in, but didn’t realize he had to turn the keys and push the breaks.

“Work you stupid thing, work!” Eddy yelled at the car, as if thinking it would magically fix the situation.

The Cul-De-Sac kids just watched in amusement. Kevin, irritated at Naz for earlier, decided to take his frustration on the Eds.

“Dorks!” Kevin heckled at Eddy.

Eddy stood up on the edge of the car seat. “Shut up Kevin!” Eddy yelled. He then stepped back and slipped onto the brakes. As he did this, the edge of his shirt caught onto the motor stick, sending the car into reverse at 15 mph. And then suddenly, a yell could be heard from Eddy’s garage.

“Ed look out!” Double D could be heard.

But it was too late.

The car was stopped only by Ed’s muscular frame. The Cul-De-Sac kids cringed in horror. Eddy was able to pull the emergency brake and finally stop the car. Eddy got out looking nervous, but quickly put back on his nonchalant, cool and collected façade back on. He was clearly the only one not recognizing the severity of the situation.

“Ed, you big lump, get out from under there!” Eddy said.

Upon pulling Ed out from under, it was evident Ed’s left arm was broken, his lung was possibly punctured. His face was a pale white and his dilated as though he was a statue.

After a few seconds of discomforting silence, Ed’s brother Sarah couldn’t hold back tears any long.

“B-Big-g-gg-g-g- Brot-t-t-ther-r-r-r-r-r-r” she began to wail.

She and Jimmy then got Ed’s parents and everything was a blank for the kids from there. No one had ever been really hurt before, even with all the recklessness of the scams and the games. But everyone knew, as the sirens went off endlessly in all of their heads that nothing would be the same ever again.

-----------------------------------

Double D had gotten into the car with Ed's father and Jimmy to the hospital. It was a deafening silence for awhile between them before Ed's father finally broke the silence.

"What happened to him Edward?" he asked.

Double D was slightly intimidated by his dad. He had Ed's size, but he also wore a pair of glasses that gave him the look of intelligence and sophistication.

"We were just doing one of Eddy's scams and it all went wrong." Double D replied.

He grimaced after saying this. He felt the guilt of the world on his back. He knew how ridiculous the plan had been before starting it, so why didn't he stop it? Why didn't he at least object to the use of a car? Maybe everything could have been at least lessened if not prevented. It was clearly making him even more distressed than he already was. Double D looked back at Jimmy, who was clearly traumatized by what was happening. He was coming because of Sarah going with her brother. From what he knew the only people coming were him, Jimmy and Ed's family. He sure hoped that Eddy was coming.

• Like 2

I made something.

THE INCREDIBLY EPIC STORY

So one day, Jim bought a new computer because his old one had Windows 8 Csupo and that curses your computer so it dies and gets all like screwed up and does weird shit. Then he realized that he doesn't need a computer since he does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING with his life since he's a fat loser (No, you're not supposed to pity this character). So on his computer he just looked up "SpongeBob Community" on google because plot device he joins the website yadda yadda he clicks a topic that is called "SPOOKY SCARY SKELETONS SEND SHIVERS DOWN YOUR SCROTUM" and then he panics because his testicles are traumatized from when he cut them off to buy a pet newt and got replacement testicles so he's actually a robot. So he makes a topic saying "This forum has traumatized my testicles!". The SBC members are laughing their butts off in all of this

ha

which ashames Jim so he leaves SBC because he's a little sensitive internet noob. Are we seriously still using the word noob? Okay, I'm getting sidetracked. So Jim is so sad he throws his computer in the freezer. Then the freezer dies because Jim sucks. Which means that his computer died. Which means that this story accomplished nothing. Which means you just wasted valuable time. Great job, noob. Gah, I used the word noob again. Okay, leave now. Bye. See ya. The fat lady sang. It's over. Just go. Jesus. LEAVE. YOU'RE NOT WELCOME. GO. Ugh, why am I still typing? I'm gonna go listen to the Red Hot Chili Peppers.

Might as well give this thread another shot in the arm with this Gravity Falls thing I wrote a while ago.

Mabel’s Fables

It was another slow day at the Mystery Shack. Wendy had gone home early, so Stan left Soos, Dipper, and Mabel to watch over the gift shop. Dipper sat behind the counter, flicking through an issue of Wacky News in boredom, while Mabel played with a Magic 8-ball she found.

“Grunkle Stan told us not to touch anything, Mabel,” said Dipper.

“I just want to ask the Magic 8-ball a question,” said Mabel.

Dipper rolled his eyes. “Fine, but don’t blame me when you get in trouble.”

“Will Dipper ever loosen up?” Mabel asked the ball.

Mabel turned the ball around and looked through its tiny window as the answer revealed itself to her.

“Don’t count on it,” she read aloud.

Mabel giggled and put the magic 8-ball back where she got it, next to a stack of books, one of which caught her eye as she was returning the ball.

“Look at this! Fairy Tales and Other Stories for Children!” said Mabel.

Soos, who was sweeping up the floors, perked up at the sound of the book’s title.

“My grandma reads me those to me all the time!” exclaimed Soos.

Dipper and Mabel looked at Soos with confused expressions.

“I mean used to. Used to read me those,” Soos said before going back to sweeping.

Mabel grabbed the book and blew the dust off of its back cover.

“Little Red Riding Hood? Hansel and Gretel? Snow White? These are some of my favorite stories!” gushed Mabel. “I can’t wait to read it!”

“Yeah, yeah, read your fairy tales. Meanwhile, I’ll be reading something intellectually stimulating,” said Dipper, reading a tabloid with the headline: “I Married a Unicorn”.

Mabel opened the book and put her finger on the first page. “Once upon a time…”

Suddenly, Mabel, Dipper, and Soos were in a forest.

“What the…” Dipper, who had been sitting, fell onto his back.

“Wow! We’re in the story!” said Mabel.

“Can you get us out of the story?” Dipper said, standing now and brushing dirt off his back.

“I don’t know how.”

“Wait, I’ve got an idea,” said Soos. “If we play out the fairy tale, we should be able to go home once we’re finished.”

“How are we supposed to play out the fairy tale?” asked Dipper. “I don’t see a wolf around.”

“Uh, Dipper…” Mabel pointed to patches of fur on the back of Dipper’s hands.

“What?” Dipper saw the patches and screamed. “No! This is not happening! This is not happening!”

A few seconds later, Dipper’s entire body was covered with fur.

“This is happening,” he sighed.

“I guess that means I’m the lumberjack,” said Soos. “See you guys later!”

Soos hurried off. Mabel noticed a basket of food in her hands, and Dipper, smelling it, licked his lips.

“Hey, Mabel, would you mind sharing some of that with me?”

“Oh no, I can’t! It’s for my grandma!”

“Stop playing games!”

Mabel ran off into the forest, and Dipper growled.

“Fine, then. Let’s play.”

• Like 2

I finished this before midnight in my timezone, so I hope this entry is valid: (And yes, I did happen to have an idea for a Gravity Falls story like JCM, consider it a coincidence :P)

Dipper's Guide to Alternative Universes

This is Dipper Pines from Gravity Falls, writing about the current events I’m witnessing. Right now I am alone. Mabel, Soos, Wendy, and even Grunkle Stan were nowhere to be seen. I found this empty journal lying around and I’ll use it keep track of my time here. I don’t think I’m in Gravity Falls. It looks as thought that there aren’t any residents living around here, it’s swarmed by creatures! I must be living inside some parallel or alternative universe. It happened when I got myself inside the portal, the last thing I remember before I wound up here. I’ll never be able to seek help at this time, so I must help myself! So far, I’m safe during my first day from home, even-

Dipper was interrupting from writing his log as his pen scribbled from a loud rumble. Suddenly, he realizes that Rumble McSkirmish of the “Fight Fighters” game has jumped from behind.

Dipper turns around and sees Rumble in his usual fighting pose.

Rumble pointed at the kid, shouting out, “You! You killed my father!”

“No I didn’t!” Dipper cried out in panic. “I don’t even know what kind of place I’ve landed in!”

“Be gone, child-boy! You don’t belong in this world!” Rumble exclaimed.

An off-screen announcer’s voice then chimed in, saying, “Round one: fight!”

Dipper tries to give himself an upper-hand against Rumble just by lunging at him, but with no damage being dealt. Dipper easily gets pummeled by Rumble from his rapid punches and ends up unconscious by a tree.

When Dipper regained consciousness, he realizes that he’s inside the Mystery Shack – with Bill Cipher, giving him a scare.

“You wish that I didn’t see the look on your face when you said “I don’t even know what kind of place I’ve landed in,”” Bill Cipher said mockingly. “My non-existent lips are sealed. Nah, I’m kidding, I saw it! You’re such a card. You liked how I enhanced that Rumble McSkirmish guy for ya’?”

“What did you do to Gravity Falls, Bill?” Dipper asked.

“I’d like to know how you survived from my wrath,” Bill replied. “I thought I trapped you, your sister, and Soos in Stan’s mind. That was also before I turned you three into cockroaches and squashed ya’!”

So I must really be in a different dimension. I bet I can trick Bill into using his abilities to get me back to the original Gravity Falls! Dipper thought to himself. Speaking out loud, he says, “I’m still alive, because I’m from a different universe where we defeated you!”

“Is that so?” Bill questioned. “Ha-ha, you have just given me a great idea!”

“If it means making me escape this universe, do your worst,” Dipper replied.

“I would vanquish you again, but maybe I can travel to every other alternate dimension by ruling them all! I may be the ruler of Gravity Falls in this dimension, but the fun was gone when I made sure no tourist or any other human beings could trespass, but the fun can come back if I take over everywhere else in any way imaginable! I think I’ll just let you stay here and suffer.”

As Bill was using his abilities to conjure a white portal in front of him, Dipper grabbed onto Bill’s hand before getting sucked into the void with him.

I hope this leads me back to the real Gravity Falls! Dipper thought.

“Let go of me!” Bill Cipher exclaimed.

At a flash, Bill and Dipper vanished from the alternate dimension. The portal then appeared in another dimension, letting go of Dipper and Alternate Bill. From Dipper’s realization, it was still not the real Gravity Falls.

• Like 3

The Legend of Kan

Book 1: Grammar

Chapter 1: The Boy in the Closet

A 15 year old "block" skinned adolescent sat alone late in the night reading a copy of "Spelling Made Simple". He was surrounded by several corners of darkness. The only light that flickered within the cramped up space was that of a candle, which he had lit himself with a fire emitted by his own body. This was no normal kid. In fact many who knew him, and a fair few who did not, often described him as odd.

His name was Kan. He was the Avatar. Master of all four elements. But not master of much anything else. One of the rare few left in the world with the ability to bend water, earth, fire, and air at his will. After "The Great Uniter" Kuvira attempted to harness spiritual energy as a weapon centuries ago, it brought about an era of similar tactics being deployed by other and even more ruthless tyrants. Eventually the coexistence between spirits and humans could not hold together any longer and for the protection of balance Avatar Shinya was forced to shut the spirit portals. As the world continued its path towards modernization less and less families genetically birthed benders. There were as few as a hundred benders left across the globe. Non-benders now made up a vast majority of the population.

One of those non-benders was Kan's sister Katniss. Without warning she slammed open the closet Kan had hidden himself up in, causing him to lose his intense concentration. The startled Kan proceeded to drop his book and knock the candle over onto it, resulting in a small fire. "oops" was all Kan managed to utter out. "It's bad enough I had to come retrieve you in a closet for school, now I have to deal with another one of your elemental screw ups?! Just put it out already and let's get going", Katniss said in her usual angsty mood. Kan frantically ran over to the drawer beside his bed and bended water out of a tank that was perched up upon it. The tank belonged to his pet zebra fish. "srry to distrub u littel guy" Kan apologized to his aquatic friend before splashing a quarter of its habitat onto the fire, extinguishing it. Kan offered a small smile towards his sister, hoping she'd be proud he patched up his mistake. Instead she glared down on him in her typical overbearing demeanor. "srry cat sis" Kan mumbled, head down, in a meek manner. "I told you to stop calling me that, I'm embarrassed to even be related to you. Get dressed and meet me down on the hover pad." she said before storming out. Kan sighed, rubbed his eyes, put on some fresh clothes and then stepped downstairs. His parents were waiting to greet him.

"Hey champ! Ready for your first day of higher learning?, Travis said in good spirits. His completely real and non hologram wife Sarah also chimed in. "Oh that platypus bear shirt of yours is so cute, all the other kids are going to be so jealous of it sweetie". "idk dad, thx mom", Kan tiredly responded before gulping down some apple juice and a plate of scrambled possum chicken eggs. "Remember son, don't let anyone catch you bending. We don't want that kind of information spreading across Ba Sing Se, do we?".  "no.." Kan grumbled, annoyed to have to keep his only special quality a secret. "What your father is trying to say dear is that we really don't want you to get taken away from us. I think you're old enough to understand now honey that the Earth Kingdom would see you as a threat to everything they've worked towards", Sarah explained in a nurturing tone. "Now get out there and strengthen that mind of yours. Your old man is always here to help if you need a hand in....certain areas." Travis implied about Kan's disability in a less than subtle way. Kan however avoided the subject altogether, as he was accustomed, and headed outside with a wave. Katniss rolled her eyes at him as he stepped onto the hover pad with her and they zoomed off to Ba Sing Se University.

Kan had grown up within the walls of Ba Sing Se all his life, and besides a vacation to the United Republic with his family he had been sheltered away from the rest of the world. Homeschooled and only allowed to communicate with human beings through the web. Which apparently has been invented now in the Avatar world. Basically it explained a lot about how weird Avatar Kan truly was. Although born as an Earth native, Kan had traced his family lineage back far enough to discover that he was primarily a firebender and that earth, water, and air were his secondary Avatar abilities. But Kan wasn't ready to put those to use yet until he expanded his knowledge about the world. That's where BSSU came in. Teaching a variety of things Kan had never even heard of. Ok maybe that's not saying much but it was still a necessary stepping stool to Kan's future and legend.

When they arrived at the University, Katniss stepped off and went to her graduate level courses. Kan went to the beginner's wing and found a crowded hallway. There were lots of mature and socially skilled people talking and gathering in groups. Then there was a boy named Christian. He was drawing weird doodles on his locker with a crayon. He looked a little too old to be doing that. "yes, yes he does", Kan said, breaking the fourth wall with a shameless Phineas and Ferb reference. Kan walked up to Christian and actually said something to him, causing most of the hallway crowd to immediately judge Kan's decision making skills. "hey, nic doodul, what is it?", Kan asked. "It's a penguin otter. I'm going to this new penguin otter themed hang out with my girlfriend after school today.", the nerdy boy said, emphasizing the word girlfriend. "wut's a gerl frend? ;P", Kan confusedly wondered. "Here let me call her, you can talk to her. She won't say anything though because she only talks with me.", Christian then dialed the number and handed Kan his phone. Sure enough as soon as the person on the other end of the line heard Kan's voice they hung up. "Now you believe me right? We're totally going steady even though she lives in another ring of the city. Want to tag along with us? This penguin otter joint has some delicious PBJ's.", Christian really tried to sell to Kan. "eh pass :P", Kan said suddenly noticing all the people staring at them. As Kan tried to back away he bumped into one of the cool kids and caused him to drop his futuristic electronic device, effectively breaking it.

Dave spun around and grabbed Kan by the collar. "Brah, what's the matter with you?! I was trying to send a dick pic to all my male friends!", Dave grunted distraughtly. "wuz a dik pic?", Kan once again obliviously asked. "Something you'll enjoy seeing up in your face real soon gay boy.", Dave said as he began to unzip his pantaloons. "Yo chill out Dave, kid doesn't mean any harm.", a cool kid nicknamed Wumbo spoke up before Dave could do anything drastic. Kan turned and looked into Wumbo's beautiful eyes. Suddenly Kan's heart panged and he nearly began to drool until Dave snapped him back. "Why you looking at my friend like that? You need to come out of the closet or something?", Dave pressed. ' i alredy came oot of closet to my sis this morning", Kan said not understanding the context. "That's nice to hear weirdo, you're paying for my new techno gadget though", Dave warned before putting Kan down. Wumbo patted Kan on the shoulder before he and his crew left. "See you in class new dude". Kan felt a new feeling inside from this exchange. But what could it be? Surely not Korrasami 2.0.

Meanwhile in an expositional scene to reveal an antagonist.....

A person shrouded by shade and Dai Li agents says something shady to someone with a mask on. Whoa didn't see that coming.

"You've scoured the world in search of the Avatar, now it is clear there is only one stone left unturned. This very city must be housing him/her. Do whatever it takes to find the Avatar and bring them to me. Some reprogramming is in order." the shady leader ordered to his minion.

"I will not fail you, unless I do, in which case you should probably stop fucking around and do something about it yourself.", the masked minion tried to reason with his boss.

"Don't get meta on me. Dai Li, teach him a lesson.....", the somewhat self aware villain said.

The Dai Li then proceeded to throw a giant boulder down on the masked man. He died. The end.

No wait he air-bent himself out of the way. "It figures someone of your stature would only hire bending body guards. But you've made your point. I'll be on my way now.", and with that he disappeared in a flash of air. Flashes of air exist right?

To Be Continued.....only if the Ed Edd n Eddy and Gravity Falls fan fiction don't absolutely crush it.

• Like 1

So...we came up with a winner. Get ready folks...

Drum roll please.

THE WINNER IS...

Spoiler

HAYDEN!!!! It was a difficult decision - all stories were great, but we had a 2-1 decision for Hayden. You'll get your prizes soon. Thanks for participating everybody!

:)

• Like 4