• Advertisement

Best Memory

Ron

What are some of your favorite memories off the top of your head? 

When I was a kid, my family and I used to visit my grandparents (who lived about two hours away in a mountain resort city of about 5,000 people) and my entire intermediate family would meet there and spend time together. I loved it, especially during Christmas time with the snow, the tree, all the presents. I remember one particularly incident where we were all up there and the neighbors got mad at us for playing in their yard. The lot sizes are huge and there aren't any fence dividers, and my cousins and I were playing in the snow and this lady yells at us, "See this triangle? That's OUR yard! Go in yours!" The town's sheriff got involved to settle it lol 

How about you guys? 

12/11/14.

It rained so hard. School got cancelled.

SCHOOL

WAS

CANCELED

IN

CALIFORNIA

THE DROUGHT IS SO BAD HERE IT HASNT RAINED SINCE FEBRUARY

DO YOU KNOW HOW LITTLE IT RAINS

THIS DAY WAS SO RIDICULOUSLY INCREDIBLY IMPOSSIBLE YET IT HAPPENED AND IT IS THE BEST DAY OF MY LIFE

Also I joined the Spongebob Fanon Wiki that day but eh

• Finally beating Tubular in Super Mario World after like 5 years of my elementary self occasionally trying. The thing is that was literally the most half-assed, lucky attempt ever as I ran out of the P-Balloon right when I got to those dumb hoes throwing footballs (Chargin' Chucks lol) and I sorta just... winged it and I still don't know how I did that. 0_o
  • My youngest sister's college graduation. My oldest sister's college, high school, AND med school graduations along with my youngest sister's high school graduation were complete messes with some stupid family fight happening, but it was all worth it for the awesomeness that was my youngest sister's college graduation. It, to this day, is the only graduation in which there wasn't some dumb conflict. I remember meeting all my sister's friends, having the awesome CTB pizza bagels (I still go there every once in a while <3), and checking out all the pretty little gorges while eating lots of cubed cheese.
  • Any of those desi "daavats" or parties that I used to go to as a child. While I'm not a big fan of socializing, it should also be noted that us kids were pretty much just put in a room or upstairs and that was less socializing and more gaming and just having a good time. I miss when we used to connect with our DS's and play Mario Kart or played tag or just did dumb things and played board games.. it was really fun and I always had a blast at those. Nowadays, those are rare events and when they do happen, they're boring. :P
  • Our trip to Disney World.(except Hollywood Studios--I had strep and my dad got angry at my youngest sister@_@) We had very delicious food, this yummy Ghiradeli hot chocolate, and fun swimming in a hot pool AND lots of fun theme park rides. I probably would not enjoy it as much as who I am now but it would still be quite fun I imagine,

I don't really have that many specific big memories in my life that I remember. I just really remember the small things from childhood that add up to make me miss it a lot, like those times we threw the stones in that temporary pond in the parking lot or those times we used to play tag in the upper floor of the building. xD

I have good memories of like a year ago just coming home after school when school actually ended at a normal time and just getting a PB+H sandwich and lemonade and watching mini documentaries of Wall E

I have multiple that I can share at different points in this thread.

I'll start with one of the ones I've been thinking about more lately. Back when I was in fifth grade, we were celebrating Christmas at my grandparents farm house. Our plan was originally suppose to be spend three days up there and then go and spend three days at this five star hotel in Washington DC since my aunt and uncle were going to be married on New Years Eve. However, a huge blizzard was coming and it would have messed up our travel plans immensely. So instead of spending a few days at the farm for Christmas, we ended up spending a week at this five star hotel where we went swimming, played billiards, went to this huge mall, ate at this fancy restaurant for meals often. This hotel was freaking amazing. Oh and the wedding was pretty awesome as well.

Another great memory I had was back in 2007. High school on Senior Skip Day a few of my friends and I went to go see Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End and then went to go get Cici's Pizza. It may sound like a simple hangout but that was honestly one of the last times my group of high school friends actually got together and hung out as a group. It's the simplest of things that was most treasurable to me.