• Advertisement

Adam Sandler Comedy 32601: Pixels

Clappy

http://youtu.be/XAHprLW48n

I think I've made myself clear how Adam Sandler hasn't been "on" for many years now with his live action comedies. This new one looks just as disappointing as the past five or so. Which sucks because I really want to like this premise because the gamer in me is impressed with the CGI of Pac-Man attacking a city, the Space Invaders ship coming to Earth, and Donkey Kong throwing barrels at Sandler and friends. But the jokes are virtually nonexistent since they are not doing a good job with the trailer as they are taking this situation way too seriously when they shouldn't be. Oh and also not helping matters is the wasted cameo of Toru Iwatami, Peter Dinklage looking absolutely ridiculous, and the idea of Kevin James being the President of the United States. Nice try Sandler, but that is almost as believable as you being Andy Samberg's daddy, you having an annoying twin sister, etc.

So yeah. I'm not liking what I'm seeing so far.

I somehow knew this wouldn't convince me anymore when I looked into the "humor" that the trailer gave us. I think this could end up being pretty bad, just another day in the life of Happy Madison.

Spoiler

"And the blimp goes to..."

And that will be just another day in the life of Adam Sandler.

Futurama did this 13 years ago.

Also MAD pretty much parodied this movie before it even existed by doing a sketch where Steven Spielberg brings back everything from the. 80's just to make money on his next film. Ironic that this movie is pretty much that sketch in a nutshell

But yeah this looks horrible

Also MAD pretty much parodied this movie before it even existed by doing a sketch where Steven Spielberg brings back everything from the. 80's just to make money on his next film. Ironic that this movie is pretty much that sketch in a nutshell

But yeah this looks horrible

How do you spell "Adam Sandler?!" :l Give me an F!!!! :D Give me an ail! :shake: What does THAT spell?! :huh: FAIL!!!!  B)

How do you spell "Adam Sandler?!" :l Give me an F!!!! :D Give me an ail! :shake: What does THAT spell?! :huh: FAIL!!!!  B)

What do you know.  That's how you spell this joke too.

• Like 1

Am I the only one who thinks this deserves a chance?

I mean it does have a pretty interesting concept and it can't be as bad as Don't Mess With the Zohan or Jack and Jill.

But... Don't Mess with the Zohan was good.

Sorry, but I hated that movie. So much that I couldn't even sit all the way through it. It amazes me how pretty much everyone is already labeling Pixels as trash.

Based off of a bad trailer and an out of place Kevin James and Adam Sandler's current track record.