• Advertisement

The Modernization of Bikini Bottom

Minty Car

My return to the spin-off world. Get pumped

Synopsis: One day, Bikini Bottom meets some new visitors: humans who have the ability to breathe underwater. It is soon readily apparent that the majority of the human race has on a whole developed this, and they begin to populate Bikini Bottom in droves. Unfortunately these humans prefer less to coexist then conquer and dominate, forcing the original inhabitants to fight in various ways for it's autonomy and survival.

• Like 6

Season 1

Episode 1: Down deep under the sea

It was a beautiful August day down in Bikini Bottom. The town was bustling with constant, but passive, activity. Jellyfish fields was unpopulated at the moment, giving it the look of an ancient pasture untouched by all except the jellyfishes themselves.

At this very moment, Eugene Krabs was hurrying out the back door of his restaurant, the Krusty Krab. It was 2:52 and he had eight minutes to reach city hall for the city council meeting. The city council is an integral part of the governing structure of Bikini Bottom. Since its founding over 4 decades ago, Bikini Bottom has been a self-supported governing state. The city council rules in conjunction with the town mayor, with occasional rulings going to a bench court for clarifications. The system has been strong success, as Bikini Bottom has enjoyed great growth and stability thus far. Mr. Krabs is hustling through the city streets, practically sweating a river behind him as he was trying to beat the clock to not be late. The meeting would start without him, but a possible deadlock could occur if the fifth member (him) wasn’t there. “

2:55 now….” Mr. Krabs said to himself, his voice rather raspy. “Curses, this damn stop light is the only reason I’m not there already.”

He began looking rather hot on the side of the street when a ding interrupted his fuming soliloquy. That of the stop light to let him know that the light was green. He then hurried along, continuing his trail of sweat along the road as well.

“2:57…..”

He then crashed through two huge wooden doors, practically laying them to waste as he entered the hall. All activity in the building stopped to see what this rather odd man was doing bursting through doors like that. After a moment or so of silence, a squid in casual business wear appeared, looking puzzled at Mr. Krabs.

“Eugene, how many times are we going to have to replace these doors because you’re running late?” he spoke.

Mr. Krabs chuckled nervously. “Heh, I don’t mean to sir. I will pay for it this time Mr. Mayor Sir.”

The squid then rubbed his forehead for a moment. “I’ll send the bill to your residence then.” He said.

“Alright Mr. Tentacles sir.”

The two then walked up a staircase towards the top, but got off about two floors short. They then entered an ordinary office room, where underneath of a trashcan, lie an off-centered tile of wood. Picking up, Mr. Tentacles typed in a set of four numbers that he was able to enter almost simultaneously due to the size and agility of his tentacles. The nearby bookcase then shifted to the right to expose a secret passageway. Walking through it revealed a dark hallway, and at the end lie a round table of three other people sat. Mr. Tentacles sat at the center of the table, Mr. Krabs at the far left end. Mr. Tentacles pulled put a short yellow list.

“Squilliam Fancyson?” “Here” called a voice. “

Eugene Krabs?” “Here”

“Harold Squarepants?” “Here”

“Karen Plankton?” “Here” a computer voice echoed.

“As everyone is here I, mayor Edward Tentacles, hereby convene this meeting of the Bikini Bottom city council in session.” Mr. Tentacles said. “

Now our meeting today should be quick, as we addressed the legalities of law 678B, better known as the fast food neutrality act, at Tuesdays emergency meeting and passed it despite fierce opposition from Eugene.” Mr. Krabs grumbled as he heard this. “

Two orders of business to do is all. First, a quick vote on the budget resolution. All in favor of keeping the status quo say I.” All four said I in unison. “Good. Now the other item on our agenda regards this report from the police department regarding a strange crash near the outskirts of town.” Everyone picked up their copy from the center of the table.

“First of all, this information is highly classified so none of this is to be addressed in publicly in any way. Secondly, we suspect this to be nothing of any importance, but in the off chance it is we know nothing.” Everyone nodded in agreement.

“Alright, earlier today one of our officers responded to a disturbance scene near the edge of town and was met by an unknown being that was definitely not a fish of any kind. After he attempted to apprehend him, he beat the officer severely until he was tasered unconscious by the officer. He is in protective custody now, and we will study him in our labs. However, one of you must go personally investigate the crash site. Karen, it’s your turn for the traveling duties”

Karen grimaced quietly as she turned towards Mayor Tentacles. “Very well. I shall leave immediately.” She said. “

Very well. I hereby declare this meeting to an end.” They all said "I"in unison once more.

Mayor Tentacles goes up to the executive room to prepare for a special dinner that night. Squilliam hurries to reach his 4:45 tip time. Harold heads to the store to prepare for his family’s weekly game night, and Mr. Krabs hurries once more back to the Krusty Krab.  And Karen was on her way to the crash site. Just another day for the leaders of Bikini Bottom. Little did they know how very of these normal moments that would have left in their lives ahead.

• Like 5

After an excruciating delay, the story continues!

Episode 2: A Meeting with Destiny?

“Up goes the Patty, down goes the Patty!”

“Up goes the Patty, down goes the Patty!”

Squidward was getting really aggravated by SpongeBob’s incessant singing. It was distracting him from watching the clock tick down to 4 PM, the moment his shift ended. Just thinking about it gave Squidward near euphoria.

“Up goes the Patty, down goe-“ SpongeBob was singing

“SpongeBob you need to watch it! You’re really starting to irritate me!” Squidward sternly said to SpongeBob.

“Sorry, Squidward, I’m just really happy today!” SpongeBob said with a big ol’ smile on his face. “I’m always happy on Fridays!”

“Because it means the work week is finally over?” Squidward asked dourly

“No! Because it means family night!” SpongeBob exclaimed. “I get to have a great old night with my Mom and Pop!”

Squidward cringed as he heard this. SpongeBob was like a curse on him, Squidward felt. SpongeBob always felt they were close friends when in fact he wanted nothing but harm and disappointment in his life. As he continued to steam up the siren went off. Squidward’s facial expression completely shifted as it sounded. Squidward went to the attendance machine and eagerly checked his card out. He looked at SpongeBob deeply for about 10 seconds before saying

“See ya around. The night is young and is mine to own for the first time in a very long time.” He said as walked off.

Squidward then got on his bicycle and began pedaling towards home. As he went, he surprised nearly everyone who looked on to him and his surprisingly big smile. Most of the townsfolk had never seen Squidward so happy in the past 10 years at least. Squidward was just a few moments away from home when he ran into a stop light. Standing next to him was Mrs. Puff.

“Hello there Mr. Squidward. How are you doing today?” she asked.

“I’m doing fantastic madam. Things are only getting better from here.”

As he said this, the light turned green and he began to pedal out of the city and into his neighborhood area where his house resided between the Rock of Patrick and the Pineapple house of SpongeBob. After putting his bicycle in its proper rack, he entered his house.

The walls were very plaid inside with several pieces of artwork by Squidward on the walls. They fit in with the disturbing feel the house gave even if the art itself was not very good. Squidward then proceeded up his hardwood staircase towards his bedroom. In his bedroom, on the far right end, was a closet. It had a double bolted lock on the top corners of it. After undoing it, Squidward pulled out two things: a picture of a lady Squid, and a tuxedo. As Squidward clutched the picture he began to cry.

“Oh Mary, years ago I failed you. I left in the dust like an immature child, which is exactly what I was.” Squidward said in a loud manner to himself. As he continued his soliloquy, he entered his shower.

“But after years of searching fruitlessly it seemed, I finally found you online. Five months later, I get my first real shot at redemption.” Squidward continued as the hot shower began to cool upon his face. As he did this, he began flashing back to the last day he saw Mary…

17 years ago

I waited for her. I waited for her in the clarinet room.

I just wanted to apologize to her for what happened last weekend. I just wanted to have fun, I didn’t mean to hurt her… And then she showed up.

“Hello Mary…” came out of my mouth almost like mush.

“I just came back to make it clear that we’re finished Tentacles.” She said. “You have no control of yourself or regard for others. This just can’t work anymore.”

I was doing my best to contain my emotions, but I couldn’t hold myself any more. I began sobbing uncontrollably as she walked away. The last sight of her I caught was of her shining brunette hair.

Present day

Squidward was sobbing in reminiscence of this, but he was able to control himself this time. This time because tonight was the night was the rebirth of his life. He would have a date with Mary, and they would fix everything he felt. He looked at the clock and was shocked that it was already almost 6. The restaurant reservation was for 6:30. He got his tuxedo, and his wallet and got on his bicycle. At 6:20 he arrived at the restaurant and checked in under his reservation. His nerves only increased as the clock ticked closer and closer in the Silver Clam. Finally at 6:30, his guest arrived.

But it wasn’t Mary who arrived in the seat directly across from him… it was….

“DAD!!!!” Squidward yelled.

• Like 4

I've waited so long for this episode, and I reread the first one and noticed Mayor Tentacles was going to a special dinner. So I guess that makes sense and Squidward made some weird mistake.

• Like 1

Episode 3: The Incoming Darkness Arrives

Squidward sat across from his father at the dinner table, stunned at what was going on. He came to the Silver Clam thinking he would get to see his once lover Mary, the woman of his dreams. Instead, the person sitting across from him was the mayor of Bikini Bottom himself, Edward Tentacles. He sat speechless for over five minutes before Edward broke the silence.

“Hello, son. It’s been a very long time.”

Squidward put his left tentacle up to signal him to stop talking.

“I told you I never wanted to see you again,” Squidward said. “Once I was 18 I was gone forever, remember?”

Edward remained silent for a moment to think before responding.

“…Yes, I do remember that. But I was being rash to your situation! Six months earlier, when the leaves were still falling, you wanted to be a doctor, a surgeon of all things, and make the Tentacles name an even bigger household name.”

Squidward’s face grimaced in disgust as he heard this. Those days felt almost imaginary to him now.

“Then, when the leaves began growing back again, you were dreaming of being a free range artist and jazz form musician! How was I supposed to think that this was any more than a phase!  I thought a few months on the street would do you some good. I never thought 16 years later, you’d still be at that fast food restaurant.”

Squidward moved to speak within seconds, his face still stuck in disgust.

“Whatever, none of that matters right now. What I really want to know is what you’re doing here? I was supposed to meet that old dame of mine, Mary.”

Edward shook his head quickly.

“There was no Mary you were talking to. I was Mary.”

Squidward looked exasperated as he heard these fateful words. He tried to muster up some sort of response to express the mixed feelings of shock and disgust, but the words failed him at this particular moment.

“I just needed to talk to you, and you wouldn’t return the calls or any of the gifts I sent you. I needed to get ahold of you.”

Edward lost control of himself for a second before regaining his composure, but Squidward stopped him.

“Goodbye, father.”

Squidward walked out of the Silver Clam, believing that this would be the last time he would ever see his father. Little did Squidward realize just how connected he and his father would be for the next several months to one another.

-----------------------------

At around the same time of this, SpongeBob Squarepants was just arriving at his old house, the one he grew up in. He always visited every Friday night at around 6:30. It was 6:25 now because SpongeBob was never late. The pink cladded door opened. It was his mother, Margaret.

“Hello, my dear boy!” She said as she hugged and embraced her son.

SpongeBob was not even slightly embarrassed, he’d gotten used to the slight smothering she seemed to give him every time he came over. He then took a seat on the couch where Stanley Squarepants was waiting.

“Oh hey, SpongeBob,” Stanley said, but he reached his hand across to shake his hand Stanley ripped his shirt.

“Oh, Stanley,” SpongeBob said.

Stanley had a habit of being clumsy and having trouble come to him, and it went with him everywhere he went. Unfortunately, his own father didn’t treat like a real son, so eventually Harold Squarepants ended up adopting him as his own after several years of parental neglect. Although he caused several problems, Harold had no regrets.

Shortly thereafter, Harold Squarepants himself arrived down the stairs. After exchanging several greetings with his sons, the game night began. SpongeBob dominated the majority of the board games, although he claimed his skill was mostly due to a luck of the draw. However in Yahtzee, Stanley had a secret method of success.

…Well not really, he just had vicious rolls due to his various trips that often resulted in winning scores.

Finally, as the night got to around 8, they prepared to watch everyone’s favorite show: Mermaid man and Barnacle Boy. It was a family tradition, and the night was as much of a success as any other it seemed.

But then just after 8, the show was interrupted by the news broadcast.

“BREAKING NEWS ALERT! Hello, I’m Peach Perkins, welcome to this Bikini Bottom news update at 8. Today, a shocking event occurred as a local citizen was viciously attacked and maimed by an unknown creature just on the outskirts of town.”

Harold’s stomach got a bad feeling as he heard this. It reminded him of what he’d heard earlier that day.

“The creature has been reportedly detained by local authorities, but the matter is still considered critical by officials. The mayor has scheduled an 8:45 press conference on the matter. Thanks for tuning in, I’m Peach Perkins at 8!”

Harold’s pocket then buzzed, as he pulled out his pager. The message only read “Emergency Meeting immediately.” From the mayor. Harold then excused himself to prepare himself for what he feared would be the longest night of his life.

• Like 1

Author's Note: A bit longer then I initially intended, but I feel pretty good about it. Hope you guys are enjoying this so far.

Episode 4: Corruption

Karen Plankton didn’t particularly appreciate being the odd man out on this very day. Or any day for that matter. She was an analytics expert, not a field adventurer of some sort. The one plus to this was that she wouldn’t have to deal with her aggravating husband, Sheldon Plankton. They’d married over 7 years ago on a whim after a few months as an intern. In the past two years or so now it’d become an apparent mistake to her. Just the thought of his shrill voice pissed her off. It evoked memories of his whining like

“This holographic meatloaf is too grainy” or “Where are you? I need help blinking again!”

It was definitely not like their initial months of plan Z and other close, but close enough, attempts to foil Krabs. Now she was pulling him out of sewage drains and paying people off to come to the Chum Bucket. She was the only thing keeping that dump a float at this point, what as the council paid rather handsomely and it all went to expenses. But Karen had her own vices to atone in a way. She made a pit stop on the road to a store called Fish Buy. She flashed a special visitor’s badge to the front clerk and went towards the back of the store. In the back was a fish with a Hawaiian t-shirt on, working on some less advanced computers from Karen.

“Hello Barry”

“Hello Karen.”

She then used her slightly greasy, robotic arms to embrace Barry, who did the same with some slightly oil stained fins.

“How is my sweetie doing on this fine day?” Barry asked.

This made Karen blush more then she’d admit. It’d been years since Plankton complimented her.

“Could be doing better, but there have been much worse days.” She replied.

Barry looked noticeably glad to see.

“That’s good. I honestly love what we got, but when are you going to leave the little one eyed thing? I’d prefer not to be the snake in the grass if you get my drift.”

Karen somewhat disliked the straightforwardness of the question. He had very little idea of the difficulty of a woman getting out of a marriage in Bikini Bottom, it wasn’t as simple just filing. She had to have proof of an external struggle from both sides, not just her.

“I’m working on it, it just takes time.”

Barry wisely dropped the topic, seeing that the fight was already lost.

“I’ll message you later after Sheldon is asleep, but I have to leave now. Gotten wheeled into unwanted council business. Sorry for the briefness of the visit.”

“It’s ok hun. See you tomorrow.”

Karen then left without making much of a scene, but these would be some her last public scenes to the world.

---------------------

As Karen entered the Bikini Bottom police precinct, it was about 7:00 already. It had a more tired feel from the usual. Not so much physical exhaustion, but everyone Karen saw was busily invested in some sort of work and looked as if they were putting every ounce of energy into it. It was very rarely that sort of busy. As she looked upon the room, Officer Nancy showed up.

“Hello Officer, I’m here as the council’s representative for the earlier incident.” Karen said, sounding rather bored-like.

Officer Nancy didn’t waste any time as she recognized this.

“A few locals called us saying they saw a bunch of creatures no one recognized acting peculiar near the outskirts of the city. Me and Officer John went out to check on it and found two people over there. One was pretty scrawny and wore some thick rimmed glasses. The other was extremely athletic and well-conditioned. After they completely ignored us, John went up to the athletic one and he beat John up pretty bad. I was lucky to have the taser or I might have gotten dinged too.”

Karen stored this info in her central hard drive.

“Is John doing any better?”

“…. He hasn’t woken up yet and he’s not responding to treatments.”

Karen was awkwardly silent at this point.

Officer Nancy decided to break the silence rather quickly.

“If you’d like, you can talk to the smaller one. We had to sedate the bigger one as you can imagine. Just to get some sort of information to help yourselves out.”

“Alright, lead me there then please.”

Officer Nancy led Karen to a small prison block, block 4V, where they put some of the more disturbing inmates. Karen told Nancy to just stand outside the cell to give it more room to speak. Once Karen was situated, she noticed the person’s apparent discomfort as he was sweating directly through his thick glasses.

“What is your name?” Karen asked.

He was silent.

“I’ll ask again: what is your name?”

The silence was even more absolute it seemed. Just as she was about to give up-

“Kenny.”

Before she could even ask another question, he asked her.

“What sort of processing system do you use? I’m quite interested.”

Karen was unamused.

“That’s not relevant to your situation. I want to know what you are and what you were doing on the outskirts of Bikini Bottom.”

Kenny seemed confused.

“Well I’m a male human of course.”

“Whoman? What the hell is a Whoman? Karen asked.

“What an odd society.” Kenny remarked. “You’re advanced enough to have animatronic computers that perform tasks beyond dancing in kid’s food places, but not to know of humans? Odd.”

Karen began to feel as though she was getting nowhere.

“Where are you from?” she asked, this time coming off considerably angrier.

“From up above. We-“Kenny began before Karen cut him off.

She believed at this point it was a joke. People don’t come from up without air helmets and stay long. Her report was somewhat incomplete but this one particularly seemed harmless. She stood up and prepared to leave when suddenly she was tackled to the ground. Kenny was sticking something into her head and yelled “jack it!” Officer Nancy came in with back up to stop him but it was too late to stop the damage.

Karen’s interface went red as her body cringed in pain. She began unable to even compute basic algorithms as her hard drive slowly began to fail her and her memory files began being corrupted as they say. Her systems began failing and she began to slowly shut down, but this was no sleep mode.

This was a permanent turn off. The last thing she saw was a few words Kenny had written into the walls of the cell:

“MORE ARE COMIMG!”

She couldn’t even recognize the spelling error as death’s cold embrace stole Karen away.

Later the device in Karen’s head (called a “thumb stick”) would be removed with a singular word on the back of it: “TROJAN”

• Like 1

Author's Note: Another excruciating delay I apologize for. That being said, I think I finally make some progress beyond day 1 and some more characterization for some of our main characters. Let me know what you think

Episode 5: Sadness’s of our own

FEBRUARY 19TH 1:00 PM

The world was crashing around Sheldon J. Plankton. His restaurant, The Chum Bucket, hadn’t been successful in over 3 years now, making each trip to the Bikini Bottom bank for another loan to keep it standing that much harder. Each financial quarter marked another sharp drop in profits, speaking to the inevitable failure it seemed. The pain was only rubbed in by the extreme success that his former college roommate, Eugene H. Krabs, had with his restaurant the Krusty Krab. He’d become the most successful businessman in Bikini Bottom, while Plankton was struggling.

Still none that mattered right now as Plankton just sat there reading the letter over again.

“Certificate of Death: February 18th, 2002.

Time of Death: 8:26 PM

Manner of Death: Homicide”

The rest was crossed out with the word CLASSIFIED since the incident was considered “live” or in process still. The words just raced through his head as he sat in the police room having been told of his wife’s death.

“We’re so very sorry Mr. Plankton.” Officer Nancy said. “If there’s anything we can do for you, let us know.”

“No…  I just want to go home now.” Plankton said.

He then left to return to the Chum Bucket, crying much of the way there.

-----------------------

THE PREVIOUS NIGHT, 8:00 PM

Mr. Krabs was in his office reading some documents. Well it’s incorrect to call them documents: they were notes. Notes from a long time ago:

“Intellectual property of Sheldon J. Plankton….” The notes were so old that the ink of some of them were fading to a certain point.

“Patty sauce… Secr…” Krabs cursed his old eyesight as he realized he’d have to rewrite the notes over again sometime soon. Krabs then put the notes away in his safe and left to go home for the night. It was already past 8 PM.

----------------------------------

PRESENT DAY 1:32 PM

It was a rare Saturday off for SpongeBob Squarepants. Mr. Krabs wanted to avoid the hassle of running into the Fry Cooks Union again, so he was forced to give SpongeBob one Saturday off every two months. SpongeBob was really enthused about this; even though he loved his job at the Krusty Krab, he wanted to do other fun things too. Today he would get to be with one of his few female friends, Sandy Cheeks. Sandy was always a good part of SpongeBob’s life but they very rarely got time with just each other. Today they were going on a picnic with one another at around 1:45, and SpongeBob was really looking forward to it.

He began walking and walking towards her house. He looked at his watch.

1:36.

He began running and running towards her house. He was near the Town square when he looked at his watch again.

1:40.

Sprinting. He began sprinting when he ran right into the front door of the Tree dome.

1:43, a job well done he felt.

Sandy then walked out of the Tree dome with her helmet on and saw SpongeBob slightly hurting.

“You alright there partner? She asked.

He always liked how she said that. “Yeah, I’m alright. Just a scratch.”

Sandy got a laugh out of it as the two went inside the Tree Dome to get their picnic started. It was a rather enjoyable time spent as they ate several Krabby patties (which SpongeBob paid for of course) and pies along with other food and drinks of variety. SpongeBob had always felt that they were extremely compatible and now felt like the perfect time to ask they were laughing and playing together.

“Hey Sandy?” SpongeBob asked.

“Yeah SpongeBob?” Sandy replied.

“When you’ve been friends with someone for a long time, have you ever just gotten that feeling about someone?” SpongeBob asked.

“You mean like you have the feels for some one?” Sandy replied. “Yeah, that’s how Larry and I got together?”

SpongeBob’s heart dropped off sharply as his face softened and everything went black for SpongeBob. When it came to, it had been several minutes and he was inside the Tree Dome house.

Sandy was there waiting on him.

“Are you alright there SpongeBob?” She asked.

SpongeBob sat speechless for a moments before finally nodding to indicate yes. He then decided he needed to go home for the day.

------------------------------

FEBRUARY 19th 5:53 PM

It was late in the night as SpongeBob was sobbing away in his Pineapple house. He’d been home since 3:00 just crying and crying. He couldn’t understand why the one person in the world that he felt was most compatible with him had to be taken away from him. Off the market, whatever they called it, regardless it was still a hard sadness to endure.

SpongeBob finally decided he needed a break and went to the kitchen to feed Gary. He lazily overfilled the bowl with Snail-Po by at least a full bowl, when he suddenly heard a sharp noise that sounded like the breaking of glass. Checking the cupboard, SpongeBob quickly realized that it was coming from the living room area. Entering the room, the center window was lying on the ground in several small glass shards.

There was no question that something else was in the house with him.

• Like 2

One question: So are the humans like regular size because if so they should be much bigger than things like Karen, I'm only noting this out as I feel like it could really influence the plot.

One question: So are the humans like regular size because if so they should be much bigger than things like Karen, I'm only noting this out as I feel like it could really influence the plot.

Mostly yes, but not one uniform size. For example, Kenny is a bit smaller than the average human and is closer to Karen's size, as a result, which is why it was more of a fight back in episode 4. If it's significant it'll be noted

Episode 6: The Horde

FEBURARY 19th 7:34 PM

It’s a beautiful evening in Bikini Bottom, where Arnold and his girlfriend Amy are at Lover’s Lane. Arnold really wants to get it on tonight, having been with Amy for over 8 months now and only getting nude with one another once. All that resulted in was some bad role playing… as in The Flying Dutchman’s Treasure role playing board game. He really can’t stand going solo on his sex action anymore. So, he puts his arm around Amy and begins to lean in for a kiss, when they suddenly see something in the sky. It looks like a shooting star.

“Make a wish honey.” Arnold says.

“Dammit Arnold, last time this happened, you got nothing out of your wish!” Amy said. “You’re wasting your time.”

Suddenly a churro falls out of the sky and into Arnold’s lap.

“Wishes do come true!” Arnold said as he began to eat the churro.

Suddenly, two creatures fall out of the sky and land on top of Arnold and Amy, instantly splattering them. They are humans by the look of it. One them looks at the half eaten churro.

“Ah dammit, I wanted to finish that!” the first one says, who has a dark haired look.

“Well don’t let go then next time!” the second one says, whose bright blonde hair stands out.

Suddenly several hundred other humans followed these two towards Bikini Bottom. Those foretold by Kenny had finally come, and they came in bunches.

--------------------------

February 19th 6:00 PM

SpongeBob Squarepants has an intruder in his house, he just doesn’t know who it is. He is silently awaiting the next movements in his living room. He hears it go into the kitchen, and SpongeBob’s thoughts immediately go to his pet snail Gary. He rushes in to find something in his pantry eating his box of Kelp-O. Whatever it is has long blonde hair and is only somewhat taller than SpongeBob.

SpongeBob picks up a kitchen knife, wielding it as a weapon.

“Who are you? SpongeBob said. “Tell me your name.”

The creature turned around to face him. It was a human girl.

“My name is Jenny. I didn’t realize someone else was here. I thought this snail here was the proprietor of the house.” She said.

“Meow” Gary said.

“No Gary, this does not make you the man of the house. And what are you madam?” SpongeBob said.

“I’m a human.” She said.

This reminded SpongeBob of the news reports from earlier. “Are you a killer on the run?”

“No, those two who came ahead of our group were outcasts.” Jenny said. “They were always causing trouble with our mini civilization anyways.”

“So why are humans coming down here? They could never breathe without gear before?” SpongeBob asked.

“Well we overly polluted our land with all the oil and diseases, and finally it lead to an epidemic where over 80% of the humans died. The ones who survived began living near oceans and water areas, and eventually we developed gills and ability to breathe underwater.” Jenny said. “The majority of us are coming peace to survive, not fight.”

SpongeBob began to understand. He allowed to Jenny stay for a time if needed.

---------------------------------------

February 19th 8:30 PM

The Bikini Bottom City Council had not stopped working in what felt over a day. They had their first real ambiguous situation in several years. Although these two committed a major crime, they weren’t Bikini Bottom citizens, they weren’t even the same species as most of the townspeople. There were no real laws relating to it, and they were down a council member now in the wake of Karen’s death. There had been much discussion before the news reports came in about the horde of humans arriving. They transmitted their message through the town square where everyone could hear.

“We wish to meet with your leader.” One of the humans said. He was the same one from earlier who had landed in Lover’s Lane.

Mayor Tentacles emerged from the building and to the town square to meet the blonde haired human.

“My name is Edward Tentacles. I am the elected leader of the city.” He said. “Who are you?”

“My name is William. William Granding, and I am the leader of the new humans.” He said. “Our civilization was devastated by an epidemic several decades ago and the land above has become unsustainable and unsafe to live in. We wish to reside here in your city and coexist with you.”

“We are Bikini Bottom, and before we let you live here, we want to know about the two humans who came down here ahead of you?” Mayor Tentacles asked. “They murdered one of our own.”

“We deeply apologize for that. Those two are malcontents who were expelled recently.” Granderson said. “We will take care of them.”

Mayor Tentacles took a moment to consider before replying. “While the official vote will still need to come, for now I will allow your kind to stay here in Bikini Bottom. Just please obey by our rules.”

Granderson bowed toward the Mayor. “We are our in your debt Bikini Bottom. We will repay it by being great citizens of this lovely town.”

The two shook hands as the human and fish races began to coexist and live for the very first time.

• Like 4

Sorry for yet another delay of forever, but here's the newest episode

Episode 7: Devious Plans

March 11th 4:45 PM

It had been over three weeks since the humans and inhabitants of Bikini Bottom had agreed to peacefully coexist with one another. Peace was wide spread throughout as everyone mostly lived with themselves. SpongeBob Squarepants was one of these people, as his life was mostly unchanged. He still worked 16-hour shifts at the Krusty Krab, went jelly fishing whenever possible, and was mostly unaffected by the new species in the sea.

Well except for the one that lived in his house.

Jenny was still living in SpongeBob’s house even now. She had issues getting a job anywhere and the housing market prices only kept rising with the huge demand the humans brought into it. SpongeBob was overall pretty lenient, although she had a tendency to be rather lazy in the past week especially. As SpongeBob returned home he saw the kitchen was a mess.

“Meow.” Gary said.

“Don’t worry, I know it wasn’t you Gary.” SpongeBob said. “You don’t have hands.”

“Jenny, come over here!” SpongeBob yelled.

SpongeBob couldn’t believe the mess she was when she came down the stairs. Her normally kempt blonde hair was messy with several cow licks throughout, black circles resided under her eyes, and she looked filthy as if she hadn’t bathed in days… in the ocean! SpongeBob was about to rip into her when someone knocked on the door. Upon opening the door, SpongeBob saw it was his best friend Patrick Star.

“Ah hey Patrick. Finally back from that family visit I see?” SpongeBob said.

“Well actually I never made there, so after trying several ways to get there, I just gave up.” Patrick said.

“You did this for three weeks?” SpongeBob asked in disbelief.

“Yeah.” Patrick responded. “I forgot your number so I just kept riding the bus to wherever it took me.”

SpongeBob was surprised that Patrick did this, but at the same time he really wasn’t. Patrick wasn’t one to ask for help that often.

“So SpongeBob what’s with all the pale skinned people?” Patrick asked.

“Hey, I’m wearing make-up! I don’t look that pale, even under the sea!” Jenny interjected.

Patrick definitely seemed puzzled by not just humans, but the fact that one was living in SpongeBob’s house.

“You know what Patrick, let’s head up to Weenie Hut Junior’s and I’ll do my best to explain everything to you.” SpongeBob said. And so the two went.

------------------------

“So in basic, humans and fish now coexist down here in Bikini Bottom?” Patrick asked.

“Yeah.” SpongeBob replied. “I don’t know how many humans are actually left, so there may be more in other cities that we don’t know about.”

“I see.” Patrick said. “And the one who lives with you?” He asked.

“Well, she’s gonna get kicked out soon if she doesn’t get a job.” SpongeBob said. “She’s been nothing but lazy so far.”

“Why not just do it then?” Patrick asked. “It’s unlikely much is going to change in a few hours.”

“You know what, you’re right Patrick.” SpongeBob said as he stood up. “I’m going to go home and do that. I’ll see you later Patrick.”

SpongeBob then headed home.

-------------------------------------

March 11th 2:30 PM

Squidward Tentacles was very annoyed. He was on the 9th hour of his second consecutive 11-hour shift and his tentacles were aching. He wanted very much to not be here that day. While reading his sophisticated magazine (which was really a porn magazine with a deceiving cover on it) Mr. Krabs emerged from his office.

“Mr. Squidward may I have a word with ye?”

Squidward groaned. Mr. Krabs only wanted to speak with him if he had a complaint about his work ethic or something else useless to him. Still he followed him into his office. Mr. Krabs sat in his seat while Squidward sat on the trunk in front Krabs’ desk that operated as a seat.

“Mr. Squidward, I’m sure you have followed some of the recent events involving our great town, Bikini Bottom?” Mr. Krabs asked as he crossed his claws with one another.

“Yes, I have heard about the humans who now live here, I’ve seen a few of them.” Squidward said. “Why do you ask?”

“Well not all of them are good me lad.” Mr. Krabs responded with a harsher tone of voice. “Case in point, one of them took the life of Plankton’s wife Karen. Now I know you’re wondering what exactly any of this has to do with you.” Squidward nodded.

“Well, she was a member of the City Council, which is the elected governing body of the city.” Mr. Krabs began.

“What about my dad?” Squidward asked. “Err, I mean the Mayor?”

“He shares power with council, but does not own any exclusive power without the judges or the council’s approval.” Mr. Krabs said.

“Anyhow, Karen’s death has led to an opening and well I want you to be her replacement.”

Squidward looked surprised. “Why me? All I do is complain and really not provide much to any of the work ethic and money grubbing values you promote.” Squidward said.

Mr. Krabs stood up and walked towards the window.

“Yes, this is all very true, however you serve a purpose for me.” Mr. Krabs said. “A few weeks ago, the council voted to approve a bill called the Fast Food Neutrality act, which can basically be summed up as a way to keep the struggling fast food businesses afloat, which the Chum Bucket fits under.”

Mr. Krabs then walked in front of Squidward and looked him deep in the eyes.

“I want him gone from the business.” Mr. Krabs said in a horrific tone. “His business must be put out of its misery now.”

“But why?” Squidward asked. “He’s not stealing any business from you by any means.”

“I have my reasons, and I know you would be approved by the council because your dad wouldn’t reject it.” Mr. Krabs said. “If you help me out, I’ll let you go from this job and you can pursue whatever…. “Arts” you desire to and I’ll pay you off for a little while.”

Squidward gave it a minute of thought before responding. “Very well, I’ll support your plan. I don’t understand why you want this, but your rewards are enticing.”

As they shook on it, two different plans were forming that would impact the future of Bikini Bottom forever.

• Like 2

Author's Note: I may be going out on a limb saying this, but this may be the best episode yet. Definitely feel like it's a good one! Let me know what you guys think of it.

Episode 8: To Live is To Die

March 11th 6:00 PM

When SpongeBob Squarepants returned home from visiting with his friend Patrick, he noticed the front door to his Pineapple house was swung wide open. It was as if someone had forced themselves inside of the house. Before SpongeBob even had a chance to process what was happening, a human exited from his house. And it wasn’t Jenny. He had light brown hair and a mostly lean build that hid an intimidating demeanor exemplified on his face.

“Who are you?” The man asked.

“I’m the owner of this house, SpongeBob Squarepants.” SpongeBob replied. “Who are you?”

The man gave a laugh.

“None of your business.”

He then ran off.

Perplexed, SpongeBob ran into the house to see if there was any more damage to the house then there already was. Luckily it looked like there was no extra damages. He then went into his bathroom, finding Jenny in the bathtub.

“Are you ok?” SpongeBob asked.

She looked up with red, teary eyes.

“Y-Y-Yeah-h.” She said as she continually choked up on her own words. “I just need some time by myself. To think.”

She then got out of the bathtub and walked to her guest bedroom.

-----------------------------------------

March 26th 11:44 AM

“… And I just couldn’t kick her out after that.” SpongeBob said to Patrick Star. “I felt too bad as if she had been abused.”

Patrick gave it some thought before responding. “Has she gotten a job at least? She should at least be working on that.”

SpongeBob gave a light laugh. “This is extremely ironic coming from you, the master of do nothing. But yes, she has a job interview in the next day or two supposedly.”

“Where at?” Patrick asked.

“The Boating School.” SpongeBob replied. “With Mrs. Puff.”

“I see.” Patrick said. “Uhhh… Coral.”

“What?” SpongeBob said perplexed.

Sorry, I didn’t know what else to say.” Patrick said as his stomach grumbled. “Man am I hungry.”

“Wanna go get a Krabby Patty?” SpongeBob asked. “I gotta be back in 16 minutes anyways.”

“Well actually, there’s this new place that I’d like you to give a try.” Patrick said. “It’s apparently gained a reputation as the first real fast food place not named the Krusty Krab”

SpongeBob looked shocked as he heard this. “But I thought the Krusty Krab was the only fast food restaurant?” SpongeBob said hastily.

“I mean the Chum Bucket exists, but it’s entirely irrelevant. Who else would dare challenge…”

SpongeBob stopped for a second to majestically bring a random Krabby Patty out of nowhere.

“The Krabby Patty!!” SpongeBob finished in a strong falsetto.

“Well, apparently the guy who owns it is a human, and he’s said that there’s “no use for a monopoly under the sea”” Patrick finished.

“Whatever a moe-nop-olly is.”

“Alright, I’m interested enough. Let’s go check it out.”

March 26th 11:52 AM

The two only needed to walk a short bit, and they were guided at the end by a large line coming out of the restaurant. It was only a small little shack, with the words “Greg’s Burgers” on it, but it was being taken to full capacity. The line stretched out to the edge of the street and away from the tiny corner of Coral street.

“I can’t wait this long Patrick!” SpongeBob said. “I have a job to get back to!”

“Oh don’t worry SpongeBob. I was his first customer, so I have preferential treatment.” Patrick said.

SpongeBob frowned at Patrick. “That’s not how it works.”

Patrick then walked up to the front. “Tell the manager of this establishment that PatBack is here.”

The Waiter then looked at a piece of paper behind his counter that read “PatBack.”

“Oh Mr. Star, allow me to show you and your friend to the VIP section.”

The two were then escorted to an isolated section of the shack upstairs. There was a table and a burger on both seated areas waiting for them. The burger contained a ground beef patty, with an orange looking sauce on it, along with 2 pickles and lettuce on it. SpongeBob didn’t quite want to admit in case Mr. Krabs could somehow read his mind, but he actually thought it looked quite good.

After the two sat down, he took a bite.

He couldn’t believe what he was tasting. It was a delight unlike any he’d ever had. It rocked his taste buds with a hot sting, but not a

burning sensation, and the other pieces merely contributed to it.

It wasn’t simply just on the Krabby Patty’s level of competition. It beat it up and watched it bleed it was so good.

“Patrick, who is the creator of this?” SpongeBob said. “I must meet him to complement on the amazingness of this burger.”

“Oh that would be Greg.” Patrick said, and as he did so spit out a chunk of burger on to his plate. For once SpongeBob didn’t mind.

As they were talking a man walked in to the room.

“PatBack my man!” he said. “My very first customer enjoying his meal?”

“Sure am!” Patrick said spitting more food out.” This here is my friend SpongeBob and he really likes your burgers too! SpongeBob, this is Greg, the creator of the burger!”

SpongeBob was speechless. He recognized the man immediately from his eyes. It was the same man who left his house that day two weeks ago! SpongeBob decided however to play it off.

“Hello there.” SpongeBob said weakly. “Sorry, I’ve just been so amazed by your burger. My name is SpongeBob.”

“No problem little man!” Greg said. “I can’t serve you for free forever, but the first 50 people each day get a Shack Burger for 25% off! And trust me, it’s not as easy as it sounds!” Greg said as he began laughing. Incredibly, he seemed to have no recollection of SpongeBob.

“Well, it was great to see you again Pat, and nice to meet you Spongey!” Greg said. “I gotta run now though! Those burgers don’t cook themselves!”

SpongeBob then realized it was past 12:00 and he began sprinting back to the Krusty Krab.

March 26th 1:23 PM

Jenny was incredibly nervous about this job interview. She’d never been interviewed for a job by an undersea animal, and she wasn’t even really sure how qualified she was. SpongeBob just handed her a flier and she was set for it. She sat in the waiting room to the Boating School. Suddenly a rather obtuse fish walks into the room and takes a seat right across from her. There was no table so it felt like she could reach right at her if she really wanted to at some point.

“Hello, my name is Mrs. Puff.” She began. “If I read your reply to the job ad correctly, you’d like to be an assistant?”

“Yeah, I would.” Jenny said.

“Why would you like to be an assistant with me?” Mrs. Puff continued. “I like to hire people who have the same fire for teaching as I do.”

“Well, I’m naturally good with children, plus when I lived up on land I was a credit class away from having a teaching degree being able to teach.”

Mrs. Puff wondered to herself if people like her were the reason this species was dying out.

“Ok, well the truth is you’re not very professional thus far and if this was any other job I wouldn’t hire you.” Mrs. Puff began. Then she sighed. “That being said you’re literally the only person to apply to this job. So you’re hired.

Jenny couldn’t believe that it was that easy.

“Don’t worry Madam, I may look unprofessional now but when I come to my first day you’ll be shocked at how much of a professional I can be.” Jenny said as she raised her fist to the air. “I’ll see you tomorrow!”

Mrs. Puff began to wonder if she had made a serious error or not.

“Oh well. If she’s the only one, then she’s the only one.” She mumbled to herself.

-----------------------------------

March 26th 3:32 PM

Squidward Tentacles wasn’t extremely nervous about his first day as a member of the Bikini Bottom City Council. After all his nomination had secured rather easily with a 3-1 tally – the only dissenter being Harold Squarepants who felt Edward ignored Squidward’s lack of experience and was unintentionally promoting nepotism. Whatever was Squidward’s inner response to this, and today would mark his very first day as a professional.

As he entered the conference room, he shook hands with everyone in a row. He smiled at Squilliam and Eugene, the mastermind of it all. He gave a stern look to Harold, the only dissenter, and forced a fake smile towards his father. His feelings hadn’t changed, only the situation that they both resided in. He then sat on the right end of the table with Eugene and Squilliam to his right and left respectively. From Squilliam on sat Edward and to the left on was Harold before circling back on to Eugene.

“As all members have been accounted for, I hereby call this session of the City Council active!” Edward declared. All members then said “I” in unison.

“Now today, we have one major agenda topic that has been a nagging topic for several weeks now, and that is what to do about the two humans who have killed Karen.” Edward continued. “The constitution of Bikini Bottom states that we cannot lawfully prosecute those who are not Bikini Bottom citizens. Karen however was a citizen, and therefore we must act soon in order to keep some sort image of law and order up.”

Harold raised his hand first.

“I say we expel them from the city of Bikini Bottom.” Harold began. “They are banned from the city forever.”

There were some brief murmurs within everyone before Squidward stood in a motion to speak.

“I say, we execute them.” Squidward started. The entire council was silently stunned at what Squidward was saying.

“Mr. Tentacles, there has never been an execution in the history of Bikini Bottom, and now you’re suggesting we not just do so, but to those who aren’t even citizens?” Harold replied.

Mayor Tentacles looked skeptical as well. “I agree, the concept is a little hard for a sell to me.”

Squidward continued, “Look, our world is no longer ideal. We must be willing to extend the powers of the constitution at least slightly in order to keep stability, especially with a whole other species of creatures residing here in Bikini Bottom now.”

Edward sat back in his chair. “I…. don’t disagree. I believe this requires a great deal of research on our part. We will put this to a vote during Thursday’s meeting. And with that I call this meeting adjourned.”

They all said “I” in unison as they left. Squidward and Harold shot each other an evil eye as they prepared for a legal battle like none other.

• Like 3

Episode 9: For the Good of All

March 27th 3:56 PM

William Granding had been extremely supportive of the Bikini Bottom government to this point, what with the regulations and such.

He had even been ok with not being selected for a council seat, even though he also felt that not being included was an exclusion of his race. But to have the government, execute two of his own was not an acceptable course of action. He was about to march on into

the council and force the issue himself!

---------------------------

Meanwhile, at the same time in the council room…

“Now, I am open to debating the Fast Food neutrality Act.” Mayor Tentacles began. “It must be noted that doing so will open the doors to less competition and more bankruptcy in the industry. Therefore I am strongly against it, as it will bring a negative impact into our economy.”

Eugene put his right claw up to speak next.

“Phooey blooey!” he began. “It’s a waste of money into the economy, as none of the restaurants have even the resources to compete with the Krusty Krab. The more money we pump into these restaurants, the more money we be wastin! Let’s vote this up and get on with it!” He finished.

The council seemed enthused about it overall. The votes were then tallied up.

“I, Edward Tentacles, vote against this.” Mayor Tentacles said. Against 1-0

“Squilliam?” Mayor Tentacles asked. “In favor.” Tied 1-1

“Eugene?” Mayor Tentacles, although disgruntled as he already knew the answer. Eugene chuckled along to make it worse. “In favor

of course!” 2-1 in favor.

“Harold?” The Mayor asked. “…..against.” Tied 2-2. It all came down to Squidward.

“Squidward?” The Mayor asked. “You’re the deciding vote.”

Squidward was silent. No action whatsoever, as if he’d been entirely tuned out from the events surrounding him Eugene suddenly looked irate.

“GIT ON WIT IT BOY!” He yelled.

“Eugene, calm down.” Edward finished. “This is an important matter, he can have his time.”

Just then, the wooden doors to the council room flung open to reveal Granderson charging through.

And Squidward breathed a sigh of relief.

----------------------------------------------

“Mayor Tentacles!” He began. “We need to have a discussion now.”

“Well currently, we are voting on other matters unrelated to human matters.” Edward replied. “We’ll get to you momentarily.”

He slammed his fist at the center of the round table, closest to Eugene’s head, causing an instinctive recoil from him.

“We need to talk now about your sudden change in the treatment of my peoples!” He yelled. “We come here accepting of your laws and your kind to live in harmony and peace, and now you want to kill them!? THAT IS OUTRAGEOUS!”

His rage could not be contained.

“Very well.” Edward said. “I hereby declare the vote on the Fast Food Neutrality Act to be suspended until a later time!”

Squidward smirked a minor grin that no one else saw as Edward said this.

-----------------------------------------

The Previous Night…

March 26th 6:32 PM

Harold Squarepants had been searching for the past few hours through the constitution of Bikini Bottom trying to find some law, section, section of a section that would limit the power given to them to possibly execute the two boys. It was actually a rather short constitution as compared to that of the Shell City constitution, but definitely longer than that for the Nematode and Rock Bottom nations. It was only about five pages long in fact, but they were unfortunately rather vague about the powers of the ruling councils.

For example, 6.3, focusing on the ruling judges, read as such:

“In any such case of help, a ruling judge can be called to be of assistance and clarification on a law or rule. However, that judge may

not be used two consecutive times.”

That was all fine and well until the two consecutive times part. What in the world were we safeguarding with that passage? Exhaustion?

Suddenly, the doorbell rang. Harold went to go answer it.

“Oh hello Stanley!” Harold said to Stanley. “Back home from the Paper factory I see?”

Stanley looked down in sadness. “No, they axed me today.” He said as he began to sob. “I got fired!” Tears then flowed in a river down his face.

“Now, now it’s ok Stanley.” Harold said. “Here just take a seat here, and I’ll make you some hot chocolate.”

Harold then left to go make the hot chocolate, while Stanley sat down. He picked up the copy of the constitution that Harold was studying. He went to the bottom of the document, reading section 9.2.

“A ruling council cannot exceed the powers given to them by the state itself.” Stanley read. “This is an impeachable offense.”

Stanley looked puzzled by it all. He then moved up a little bit to section 8.1. “All powers not explicitly stated by the constitution are given to the mayor.”

Harold then ran in when he realized what Stanley was doing. “Drop that Stanley before you break it!”

Stanley did as he was told, although he did stain it up a little bit with his fingers.

“Dammit Stanley!” Harold yelled, quickly realizing his mistake however. He then looked at the constitution and noticed section 8.1

“I believe, this may be the answer I was looking for.” He said. “Squidward has no authority about this, only Edward does.”

He then gave Stanley his hot chocolate before calling it an early night.

-----------------------------

Present Day

March 27th 4:33 PM

The Mayor, Edward Tentacles, reconvened the council after a brief recess. It had to abandon its earlier business after the human leader, William Granderson interrupted them. He had a seat at the table along with the other humans.

“Alright, we were going to come to this subject in time, but as we have Mr. Granderson here now is the best time.” He said. “Mr. Granderson, if you have any opening arguments as for why we should not execute the two humans behind the murder of a Bikini Bottom citizen, share them now.”

William then stood up.

“Thank Mayor Tentacles.” He said. “First of all, we have up to now, enjoyed a peace that we have not experienced in our own lifetimes as the plague occurred decades and centuries ago. But we wish as of our own race to take these matters into our own hands, not as a disrespect to your own kind but as a lesson to our own on rules and conduct.”

Squidward stood up immediately.

“I object!” Squidward yelled, pointing his finger at William.

“Alright.” William replied. “What is your objection?”

“You are no longer your own people, but a part of an established community.” Squidward began. “And in this community we have established rules. If people hurt one another, they pay for it, sometimes with their lives.”

Squidward then pulled out an old newspaper article with the headline, “Don’t do the crime or die” with a picture of former Bikini Bottom mayor, Erick Neptune, next to a firing squad.

“Clearly, the old days of Bikini Bottom had an established precedence, legal or not for executions.” Squidward continued. “And in such an egregious case, can we not support such harsh, but necessary tactics? I rest my case.”

“No, I do not support this!” William roared back. “I demand a fair trial for these two!”

“What so you can get it reduced a prison term?” Squilliam surprisingly spoke. “I agree with Squidward, execution is necessary in this instance.”

Eugene stood up.

“I agree, execution.”

Harold, then stood.

“I believe,” Harold began. “That you, Mr. Squidward, have no authority to demand this!”

Squidward was surprised. “What do you mean? I only have suggested something, demanded nothing!”

“According to section 8.1-“ Harold began.

“Forget about the book!” Squidward yelled back. “This isn’t rhetoric, or hypotheticals were talking about here! We’re talking about someone who was actually murdered! One of our own! And you want to protect the murderers because of the vaguely worded law!? You are clearly out of touch sir.” He finished, exasperated and running out of breath.

Harold was stunned. “I vote against execution.”

So it was 3-1 for execution, but Mayor Tentacles could override it if he felt necessary.

“While I feel that it’s important to respect the letter of the law, I also feel this situation is something that could not have been envisioned by the writers of the constitution. Therefore, I support execution in matter of safety for the community.” Edward said.

4-1 in favor of execution.

“What about me?” William said.

“I’m sorry but you are not a member, you do not earn a vote. It is final. Execution will be held in 2 weeks from now. Council is adjourned.”

Harold Squarepants was deeply concerned.

“I feel as though, we have descended down a slippery slope…” he thought to himself.

March 27th 4:55 PM

Eugene Krabs was exhausted from the Council meeting that day. He was suddenly worried about Squidward’s word. He wondered if he’d be bamboozled by the Squid into entering the council to get back at his father or some other means. He’d been remarkably silent when he’d guaranteed his vote. His deep thinking was interrupted by the sudden entrance of SpongeBob.

“Mr. Krabs, sir?” he asked.

“What is it me boy?” Eugene responded.

“Well, for the first time since the first years, we lost money this month.” SpongeBob responded, almost crying as he said this.

Eugene suddenly turned somber and his eyes squinted deeply.

“What?” he said. “That-That’s i-i-imposs-sible!”

“I know it’s hard to believe, but lost over $20,000 this financial quarter. We took a 40% hit!” SpongeBob said.

“But who could be stealing me customers!?” Eugene shouted.

“Well there’s this one shop…. It’s owned by a human.”

Eugene’s eyes widened.

“Well… perhaps he needs a visit from ole’ Iron Abs Krabs to set him straight!”

Mr. Krabs then walked over to his treasure trunk and pulled out a shotgun. He cocked it before walking out the back door.

SpongeBob quietly followed Krabs out the back door so he wouldn’t know he was following him.

• Like 2

Author's Note: This is a bit of a filler episode to get my thought train running again with one important event. Hopefully it's not too bad.

Episode 10: Visions

SpongeBob followed Mr. Krabs closely into the night, not wanting to stray too far to be able to intervene if needed. Mr. Krabs was heavy and hot after seeing the money reports, and he was on his way to Greg’s Burgers. After several minutes of ruffling through the bushes, he made it to Greg’s…. but Mr. Krabs was nowhere in sight! Suddenly, two meaty claws touched SpongeBob on the back, and he jumped in horror.

“AAGHH! He screamed.

As he returned to reality, he realized that it was Mr. Krabs, and he was oddly laughing.

“Ar ar argh!” Mr. Krabs let out. “That was a good one me boy! I thought that would catch ye out of sorts!”

SpongeBob was just confused. “I thought you were going to kill the burgers guy because he’s stealing our business!”

Mr. Krabs couldn’t help to keep laughing. “Oh me boy, the Krusty Krab’s just fine! I certainly don’t need to hurt some land dweller to keep it afloat!”

SpongeBob just remained confused, but he followed Mr. Krabs back to the Krusty Krab to close up the night shift.

-------------------------------------------

13 days later

Police officer Nancy was sitting on the edge of the hospital bed, as she had every day she could since the day of his accident. Her partner John was her best friend, the person who’d taught her about being a cop. He’d always been there in the toughest of moments, so full of life to guide her along the way.

Now he was practically filled with none, being kept alive only by machines and in name alone. And later this week, she would have to watch his murderers be put to death. It was almost too much to handle, she thought to herself, and began to cry…

But then she remembered something her old friend had told her:

“In the toughest moments, those are when you must smile the brightest and tear up the least.”

She then wiped the tears out of her eyes, and said goodbye to John, hoping that it wouldn’t be the last time that she would see him.

--------------------------------------------

Dust clouds filled the air, obscuring all around her. Citizens, human and fish alike began running through the streets in a frenzied panic. The woman just stood there, staring in disbelief at the scene around her. Is this Bikini Bottom? What is going on? These and other thoughts were racing through the young girl’s mind. In the center of the hall, two men were dead!

Suddenly, Jenny awoke from this dream. It was confusing to her, and wondered about whether it was just a nightmare or one of her “thoughts” as she had called them. She then tossed and turned her way back to bed, thinking she’d talk with someone about it in the morning.

She went to Mrs. Puff’s boating school for another day of work. It was mostly just being there and doing basic tasks, such as helping with assignments or fetching things for Mrs. Puff to use/eat. And boy did she eat a lot. Later that day, during the lunch period, she thought about telling Mrs. Puff about the dream she had that night.

“Mrs. P, have you ever had any really strange dreams?” Jenny asked.

Mrs. Puff thought for a moment as she chomped down on a coral bit piece. “Yeah. One time I dreamt that my husband hadnt left me.” She laughed hysterically as she said this, disturbing the young lady in the process.

“Well, you know about the execution this week? I dreamed about it going wrong.” Jenny said back.

“Like it’s going to be sabotaged.”

Mrs. Puff just kind of shook her head before responding. “No, it’ll be fine dear. Our government has been really functional to this point, so why would we mess it up? Who would even want to stop the execution?”

Then, almost to the dot, a chanting sound appeared on the street. It was a crowd of humans marching in the street. Their chants were pretty clear to hear:

“Don’t kill them! They aren’t even citizens!” “Don’t kill them! They aren’t even citizens!” “We help our own! You help your own!” “We help our own! You help your own!”

Jenny suddenly had a rough feeling in her stomach.

--------------------------------------

Mayor Tentacles was reviewing his bank account numbers with his son Squidward when he heard the chanting crowds outside of the town hall. He was about to ask Squidward about the peculiarity of the numbers when they moved closer and closer to town hall. Squidward then grabbed the telephone and pressed the 3 button.

“Fire upon them!” He yelled into the telephone.

Mayor Tentacles grabbed the telephone, but it was too late. Tear gas was sprayed upon the protesters and pellets were fired upon them, sending many of them away and causing minor damage to others. After several minutes, the beautiful town hall square was trashy and dirty with pellets and blood of the protesters. Mayor Tentacles knew immediately that the situation had reached the point of no return, and to an extent his son was to blame.

• Like 3